Using P265 remote with a new Samsung QN55Q80A TV
jack63ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently swapped out my 13 year old Samsung TV for a new Samsung TV. I did NOT reprogram my remote, but everything seems to work except the Mute function. If I use the TV Speakers it is okay, but with Optical output to my soundbar the Mute function does not work correctly. Is there a new programming code that fixes this ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using P265 remote with a new Samsung QN55Q80A TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jack63ss wrote:

I recently swapped out my 13 year old Samsung TV for a new Samsung TV. I did NOT reprogram my remote, but everything seems to work except the Mute function. If I use the TV Speakers it is okay, but with Optical output to my soundbar the Mute function does not work correctly. Is there a new programming code that fixes this ?

Are you sure the TV is setup to use variable audio out on the optical output not fixed output? Does the volume change when you use the Samsung remote?

You might have to do it the hard way: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control .

You would have to try the search instead of using code 331 for Samsung.

View solution in original post

Re: Using P265 remote with a new Samsung QN55Q80A TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jack63ss wrote:

Are you sure the TV is setup to use variable audio out on the optical output not fixed output? Does the volume change when you use the Samsung remote?

You might have to do it the hard way: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control .

You would have to try the search instead of using code 331 for Samsung.