Using a Nighthawk XR 500 router with Verizon Fios tv
rolly1180
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

So I have read some of the setup threads but I'm having a tough time getting the Fios tv Guide and OnDemand to function.  Maybe it's different with each router?

The ONT in my setup has an ethernet port.  I have an ethernet cable connected into the WAN port of my XR 500 router.  Then I have an ethernet cable going from one of other XR 500 ports into the WAN port of the Verizon router (G1100).

I'm able to watch tv.  And my PS4 works just fine.

But again, no Guide and no OnDemand.

The reason why I feel like I need the XR 500 router to remain as the primary is to take advantage of it's ability to GeoFilter servers when I'm gaming.

I'm certain I am really close here but that I'm like 1 or 2 steps away from fixing the On Demand from working.

I'm also strangely unable to log into the Verizon G1100 router.  Whenever I try clicking

http://192.168.1.1 I get asked to log into my XR500 router.

Repetitive thread, I am sure.

Please advise

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using a Nighthawk XR 500 router with Verizon Fios tv
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only would let me do 3 pictures. Here are the rest. 

Once on the last one chage 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 and scroll down and apply. It will tell you to open a new browser. Frome here on to access the G1100 you will have to now type 192.168.2.1 in your browser. Verify you have internet while connected then roboot your STBs and you should be good. 

imageimage

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your close. From what your saying I think the G1100 IP which is also 192.168.1.1 is why it's not working. Take your computer and plug into LAN port of G1100 and log in. 

Go to My Network/Network Connections/Network (Home/Office)/Settings

Go down to IP Address and change to 192.168.2.1 then Apply. From that point on you will have to open a new browser and the login for the G1100 will now be 192.168.2.1. 

Disable then enable you network card to to obtain a new IP address from G1100 and make sure you can connect to internet. Your STBs will need a reboot so they can get an IP in the 192.168.2.1 range. When they come back up they should be good with IMG/VOD. 

rolly1180
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

Sorry, it took me a few days to get back to you.  I'm running Windows 10 and I'm not sure how you're getting to the location where I would change the IP Address.

Could you clarify?

I don't even see a My Network/Network Connections...etc section

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are some pictures...

imageimageimage
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only would let me do 3 pictures. Here are the rest. 

Once on the last one chage 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 and scroll down and apply. It will tell you to open a new browser. Frome here on to access the G1100 you will have to now type 192.168.2.1 in your browser. Verify you have internet while connected then roboot your STBs and you should be good. 

imageimage
rolly1180
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see

But I'm not understanding here.  If I unplug my computer from the XR 500 router and plug it into the G1100, I'm not going to have internet on the computer.  That's sort of the problem.  So I won't be able to log into Verizon

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those pages are not the “internet”. They are the local admin pages in the router. You don’t need to connect to the internet to reach them. Just plug your computer into the lan port of the G1100. Type 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Router admin password is on the sticker.  Log in and make the changes reboot you boxes. 

rolly1180
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your patience and help!

I am all set up now.

I really, really appreciate it.

Thank you

0 Likes