Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I recently moved into an old stone home with thick internal walls and lots of plaster. In other words it's a mess for wifi and re wiring / cabling is quite difficult.
The previous owner had a complex set up with a central media server with Ethernet and component cables extending through the house. I set up a wireless mesh network throughout the house that works well.
I just set up fios TV by putting the Set Top Boxes in the media closet and was planning to use the mobile app to control them.
Sadly, when I connect to my network I can't use the app as a remote. That only works when I connect directly to the Fios router which doesn't reach any of the TV's.
Is there a way around this? will I have to run IR to the TV's?
For FIOS app to work as a remote, you have to have your app on the same subnet as the STBs.
What can happen when people put in additional routers is that each router creates its own subnet.
So you need to modify your setup so that regardless of what rotuer you connect to, you are on the same subnet as the STBs.
Generically the way to do that is to connect your feed back to the FIOS router to a lan port on they additional rotuer.
Turn off DHCP in that router.
Should put it on the same subnet.
But as router models are sometimes different, YMMV.
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.