Switch Account

VCR tuner no longer works

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

VCR tuner no longer works

Message 1 of 6
(6,826 Views)

Is anyone experiencing the issue with the VCR Tuner no longer working. I have Verizon FIOS TV. Does anyone know if Verizon has switch to a pure digital signal, as mandated my the FCC.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: VCR tuner no longer works

Message 2 of 6
(6,812 Views)
Verizon is gradually moving to all digital.  Where are you located?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(6,808 Views)
I am located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. In the Washington DC metro area.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 6
(6,800 Views)
If you have a VCR with FiOS. The connection is as follows coax from Verizon network to RF in on set top box the RF out from cable box to the RF in on VCR and the RF out on VCR to the RF in on the Television set. To record you must tune your VCR to channel 3 ONLY and tune the set top box channel to the one you would like to record. The television should be set for channel 3 also.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 6
(6,775 Views)

@Telcoguru wrote:
If you have a VCR with FiOS. The connection is as follows coax from Verizon network to RF in on set top box the RF out from cable box to the RF in on VCR and the RF out on VCR to the RF in on the Television set. To record you must tune your VCR to channel 3 ONLY and tune the set top box channel to the one you would like to record. The television should be set for channel 3 also.

Personally, I would not use the RF OUTPUT since it won't give you stereo audio and you are dealing with multiple modulation / demodulation.  I would use the line input of the VCR with composite video and the L-R RCA audio.

The answer the OP was looking for is that Verizon is either all digital or going to be within the next couple of months (depending on where you live)

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 6
(6,749 Views)
That's the simple way to get it to work for newbies once all digital. Your way will work too for more technically advanced people.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.