*VERIZON EMPLOYEES* Please HELP - REMOTE DVR is NOT working yet AGAIN!
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Remote DVR has not been working for 2 weeks now.  NO LISTENERS are starting.  I have rebooted the settop and the router.  I have performed a FACTORY reset on the router.  I have called Verizon Tech Support and spent 1 1/2 HOURS on the phone with them.  After all of that - STILL NO listeners are starting when I run the settop diagnostics and therefore, no Remote DVR working either.  All the other times (more than 10 in 1 year) I have been able to resolve the issue myself by reseting the setop and the router.  This time even that is not working.  Please let me know what you think.  Is Verizon having an issue in my area w/ the Remote DVR servers?   

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: *VERIZON EMPLOYEES* Please HELP - REMOTE DVR is NOT working yet AGAIN!
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem again too. The self diagnostics screen is showing "failed" in red letters for the remote DVR. I think the new 1.7.1 update may have broken the remote DVR for me. According to another message board, there are other people who've lost this function at the same time I did. I've called Verizon tech support twice now. They've called me back twice & said they were sending my problem to the remote DVR dept. & someone would get back to me, It took me 4 phone calls to tech support until I finally got someone who was able to fix it earlier. That lasted until last week & the 1.7.1 update.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Please note that these are peer to peer boards.

Direct copy of statement above the board:

These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

While Verizon employees do monitor the boards, this forum is not the best avenue to pursue an issue.  Use the link above, call tech support or there is a Verizon tech forum on DSL Reports (link) that is handled by Verizon employees.  You must register there (free) and be sure to read the posting requirements for that forum.

0 Likes
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I understand that.  But I also know that employees monitor this board too.  My post clearly startes that I DID already contact Verizon directly.  : - )

0 Likes
MrMcMac

@Keyboards wrote:

Please note that these are peer to peer boards.

Direct copy of statement above the board:

These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

While Verizon employees do monitor the boards, this forum is not the best avenue to pursue an issue.  Use the link above, call tech support or there is a Verizon tech forum on DSL Reports (link) that is handled by Verizon employees.  You must register there (free) and be sure to read the posting requirements for that forum.

I (we) know what is written, and we know what is being said. I was told on the 29th it had "something to do with a server that crashed. I was finally told tonight that the the Remote DVR Server actually crashed on last Friday 26th March 2010, and that it was still down. No forecast on when it might be fixed. It affects many aspects of the Web site, including being able to see in some cases, and certainly program, you DVR remotely. It has also affected the speed with which your DVR, TV Listings, and others react to your inputs. 

The sad fact (to me) is that something so wide reaching has not been communicated to the employees. It would have saved me many hours on hold waiting for tech support, billing, etc.. It should in fact be posted as a sticky last message written on every forum. Save everyone a load of frustrating time.

0 Likes