VERY disappointed with FIOS all around.
PSUGOLD

I have constant issues with my TV, and on multiple boxes.  I get pictures freezing, boxes resetting on their own, and messages "This channel is unavailable now" WAY too often.  I never had that issue with Comcast.  I have already had 2 boxes replaced and the issues still occur daily.  ESPN is the worst, all the ESPN channels lock up almost every day now. I am sick and tired of this happening.  

Also, I try to call support, but you guys make it very very hard to get a human contact on the phone without jumping through hoops.  All the reviews say FIOS service is the best, but I really have found it difficult to get ahold of a person and they are not too helpful.  

Unfortunately I cannot dump FIOS until May because I refuse to pay you guys a penalty for cancelling, even though the service is below my expectations for the $$ I am paying.

0 Likes
Re: VERY disappointed with FIOS all around.
PJL
Master - Level 3

@PSUGOLD wrote:

I have constant issues with my TV, and on multiple boxes.  I get pictures freezing, boxes resetting on their own, and messages "This channel is unavailable now" WAY too often.  I never had that issue with Comcast.  I have already had 2 boxes replaced and the issues still occur daily.  ESPN is the worst, all the ESPN channels lock up almost every day now. I am sick and tired of this happening.  

Also, I try to call support, but you guys make it very very hard to get a human contact on the phone without jumping through hoops.  All the reviews say FIOS service is the best, but I really have found it difficult to get ahold of a person and they are not too helpful.  

Unfortunately I cannot dump FIOS until May because I refuse to pay you guys a penalty for cancelling, even though the service is below my expectations for the $$ I am paying.

This is a peer-to-peer forum, so refering to "you guys" isn't going to help much. 

When your STBs were replaced, did they just send them to you or was a technician out to inverstigate?  If you've never had a technician visit, the symptoms you described are sometimes resolved by checking and reseating all coax connnectors between the ONT and each STB, including splitter.  Sometimes these issues are also caused by a splitter that has gone bad.