VHO07 and want 100/100 speed but Verizon is telling me NO. Is that true?
Roveer1

I'm at 25/25 currently and want to look at 100/100 Verizon is telling me it's not offered but I believe they are confused because I have a 621 ONT which will need to be swiched out.  Can someone tell me if 100/100 is possible in my market VHO07 or is it more complicated than that?

Talking to VZ on the phone is kind of useless as they only read scripts and I've had previous go arounds with them about not offering any FIOS service on a street that had houses on both sides using FIOS.  I ultimatly prevailed but not until 100+ hours of enlightenment from me to them.

I do have some VZ Tech working on the issue as well and I am very happy for that avenue but I want to get as much information as I can for when I get told NO.  A tech has already visited our location and said that 100/100 was not available, but I'm still not believing this as I've been told others close by have 100/100.

Roveer

0 Likes
Re: VHO07 and want 100/100 speed but Verizon is telling me NO. Is that true?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you go online and look to see what options you have, what is there?

I have heard that they may be dropping 100/100 as an option.

Not sure why but others have reported a jump skipping 100  and 150 going to 300.

0 Likes
MileHiMoose22

You are a very kind consideret person for sure. Verizon moves speeds around and about at will. You will not get a notice, post card, phone call, or asked to come out to Starbucks and the repair tech guy will buy you a free cup of coffee.. The speeds will go up, which seems like at random and there is no method to their madness!

0 Likes
MileHiMoose22

Well I know they definitely skipped my house with an improved increase speed at least twice !

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I am one of those "others" who no longer has 100 mb/s or 150 mb/s available. 

A few months ago I was toying with the idea of upgrading from 7575 to 100/100.  The monthly cost increase was nominal....$10/month if I remember correctly.  But one day while I was hesitating I looked at my options on the My Verizon website and 100 and 150 packages were gone.  They still are gone.

The next bump in speed I have available now is 300/300 at an additional $115/mo and after that 500/500 at $215/mo additional.

Those prices are way beyond my threshold of pain and the truth is 75/75 is more than adequate for my needs.

Just wanted to jump in and offer my thinking that this was a business decision of Verizon's part, and not a fluke or a mistake.

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

I;m in VHO7 also, at 50/50 and the only options I see for a speed upgrade on line are 75/75, 300/300 and 500/500. 100/100 and 150/150 are no longer available.

0 Likes
Roveer1

I wish I could see what speeds are offered but when I try and log into VZ website I get the following:

We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later.

Seems like it happens often.  Lots of things broken over at VZ so we just have to be patient.  As an old friend once said.  "These things take time".  Not like VZ is a utility or anything.  This interenet stuff is just a convienence item.  It's not electricity or water after all.

I'll keep trying and after they've found and rebooted the server I'll eventually get in.

Roveer

0 Likes
Wheller
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is that the ONT your services are provided by is a Tellabs ONT 621, a multi-dwelling, BPON ONT. Which means that it services multiple customers. This ONT is physically incapible of providing 100/100 service. Multi-dwelling units (MDUs) are typically used in apartment buildings and condominiums, and as such, customers on MDUs are limited to certain internet speed options.

So, with where you live, Verzion doesn't have the ability to offer you 100/100 at this time.

Your only real option is going to be to call customer service and ask what all options are available for you.

0 Likes
Roveer1

So, yes.  The address is in Mendham, NJ on 9 acres, definetly NOT an apartment building.  VZ got confused years back with the possibility of 6+ pots lines and 10+ STBs and decided to put this monster into a single family home.

So fast forward.  I am working with VZ to get the 621 removed and replaced with a GPON ont so I can have higher speeds.

I actually got contacted by a VZ Technican on dslreports and he's brought me to the right groups to get this straightened out.  All the calling in the world and a tech visit to my home didn't do what this guy has done.  So dissapointing...

Oh,  Since we made a change to our service, the ONT hasn't locked up once.  Of course we aren't seeing the increase in speed that we were supposed to get, but the thing hasn't locked up once.  That's a big deal consdering we've been having 2 lockups a week, sometimes one a day.

Anyway.  I look forward to getting to a GPON ONT and higher speeds.

0 Likes