VHO5, NYC High-rise MDU (Poor Picture Quality)
kspinka
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even with the latest STB, the Motorola QIP 7232 P2, via HDMI of course, the picture quality is far from what I used to have with Time Warner.  I even cranked my LCD's (Samsung LN52A750)  sharpness up to 100% just to compensate for the "soft focus" on all of the HD channels.  Let's not even discuss the SD channels.

Being in NYC on VHO5, I am still on IMG 1.8, so it is possible that there are local issues (decoding and output from the STB), but it seems more like the streams that are going out on the PON that are designed for distribution by the high rise MDU units are encoded differently than on "real" FiOS (when you have fiber run to your premise).

Does anyone have similar issues or resolutions to them?

0 Likes
Re: VHO5, NYC High-rise MDU (Poor Picture Quality)
jesbec508
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I have been complaining for years. No one at Verizon knows what to do. Technicians come to the apartment, acknowledge there isa problem but cannot offer an explanation. Hopefully with the pending 1.9 update things would be improved.

0 Likes
asound

Just got FIOS in a 35th floor apartment.  Picture quality is very poor - sub-title text on screen is barely readable.  It's difficult to watch TV for any length of time.  Internet speed is very good as is digital voice.   TWC had good picture but very slow Internet.   Damned if you switch damned if you don't.    The install techs just shrugged the issue off.  Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Customize Closed Caption Display? 

You'll want to refer to this post regarding the CC being blurry. 

0 Likes