Re: VMS 1100 and Slingbox
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The client is powered on?

0 Likes
destinyde
Enthusiast - Level 1

The VMS1100 won't keep both the HDMI and Component connections active concurrently.  If the HDMI connection is being used, the Component output is disabled.  Is there a way to override this?

0 Likes
destinyde
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's one trick:  You can only watch one at a time.  I'm the only one watching this TV, so the HDMI connection will be inactive, when I'm not at home, because the TV is off.  This then allows the Component connection to become active, when I'm remote, thus the Slingbox works.

rataylor

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the problem is my Slingbox is the original "SOLO" model and the new FIOS equipment uses 1080i for signal. It would probably work if I got the new Slingbox 500 which also uses 1080i.

One last question....if the Client & TV are hooked up via HDMI and the SOLO is connected to the Client with the component cables, can it send a signal to both units or does it have to be connected one or the other? I know it worked set up like that with the old DVR I had but I think that had more than one tuner whereas I've read the client just has one.

0 Likes
rataylor

Just FYI...my TV was turned off and I still got a "no signal" response. Haven't tried disconnecting the HDMI since the picture quality is much better at 1080i.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Just thought of something the VMS clients are set to 1080p. Remove that setting and see if the slingbox works.

0 Likes
rataylor

Finally got it to work with the Client box. Apparently the problem was having both the HDMI and component cables connected as once I removed the HDMI connection, it started working. (I didn't change the 1080p setting. It's still shows to be 1080i on the server setting.) Not sure if this made a difference, but I moved the Slingbox to the client that was connected to an older TV that didn't have an HDMI plug and connected it inline between the client and the TV. FWIW, the online response is much faster with the new router! 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Glad you got it to work.

0 Likes
onthepond1

For those who have  had Slingbox trouble: I got this from another forum and it worked for me:Slingbox is attached via component cable to client and the client via HDMI to tv..when my son tried to access the slingbox from another state, he got audio, no video...went to the setup menu on the client and changed output to 1080i instead of the default 1020p and there was video...

0 Likes
hootboy86

I have a slingbox pro HD. I'm running an HDMI cord to my TV and component cords to my slingbox. Change the video settings of the VMS1100 to 1080i versus 1080p and it will work perfectly. Your picture wont be affected yet because verizon only broadcasts in 1080i. 

0 Likes