Re: VMS 1100 and Slingbox
JCJTampaBay
Enthusiast - Level 2
I can easily sum up the problems these folks are having which is the same problem I'm having. The new Arris VMS is factory configured so that the HDMI video output overrides ALL other video outputs. No matter how many video cables you have coming out of the VMS, if there's an HDMI cable connected, it "turns off" all other video outputs and only recognizes the HDMI out. The previous Motorola STBs didn't have this problem and why Arris would configure it that way is beyond me. Don't know why Verizon didn't just have Motorola manufacture the new VMS & clients. All Arris equipment is so slow and missing key features.
Bottom line, I understand what others are saying on this topic as I have my own Slingbox connected and when I leave my house I have to unplug the HDMI cable every time so that the component video will work. Huge shame. 10 steps back using Arris for Quantum TV.
0 Likes
XDM45guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a slingbox 500 and i have both hdmi and component and i do not have to unplug anything.

I can watch tv locally or remotely(never simultaneously ) with no problems and i have it connected to a client box. I am using the same setup 

that i had when i had my Cisco boxes.

I love my Quantum tv, the dvr responds much faster than the old one and is quieter. The picture is just fantastic.

@JCJTampaBay wrote:
I can easily sum up the problems these folks are having which is the same problem I'm having. The new Arris VMS is factory configured so that the HDMI video output overrides ALL other video outputs. No matter how many video cables you have coming out of the VMS, if there's an HDMI cable connected, it "turns off" all other video outputs and only recognizes the HDMI out. The previous Motorola STBs didn't have this problem and why Arris would configure it that way is beyond me. Don't know why Verizon didn't just have Motorola manufacture the new VMS & clients. All Arris equipment is so slow and missing key features.
Bottom line, I understand what others are saying on this topic as I have my own Slingbox connected and when I leave my house I have to unplug the HDMI cable every time so that the component video will work. Huge shame. 10 steps back using Arris for Quantum TV.
0 Likes
dyvurcz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that switching the reslolution to 1080i from 1080p has activated my component out while hdmi is active.  I was **bleep** about my slingbox solo not working until I found this thread!

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dyvurcz wrote:

I can confirm that switching the reslolution to 1080i from 1080p has activated my component out while hdmi is active.  I was **bleep** about my slingbox solo not working until I found this thread!

Makes some sense as 1080P60 is not valid on component.

0 Likes
dradam1

Adding my two cents.

Just installed my 12 ch quantum system.

The DVR baxes default to 1080i

the smaller slave boxes default to 1080p

On the smaller slave boxes when set to 1080i the HDMI, Componont and RF out all send signals. I did not test the composite video out lead.  I can play through HDMI, Record through component and and even monitor off the RF.

The only thing the older larger boxes had was a coaxial digital audio output which these do not, but they still have an optical digital output. I wish there were a second rca audio out for headphones but I will just split the existing one.

1 terabyte and 6 channels is huge. I really wonder if i need the second DVR box. For the moment I am only recording to one.

0 Likes
KKeenCA

I am running into the same issue connecting my Slingbox 350 to the Verizon FiOS VMS1100 box - audio is always slings, but video only slings when the actual TV is on.  Unplugging the HDMI line from the TV to the box doesn't solve the issue, nor does siwtching the box's format to 1080i.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Alpo27
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank-you very much, I was opening time away from buying new SlingboxTV at Best buy until I switched to 1080i, it took about 30 seconds but it worked! I still may go to a new Slingbox since I don't like restricting the HDMI output to my TV. But now I can take the time to compare the effect on my TV.
0 Likes
rjsousa

how do you switch from 1080p to 1080i? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
dradam1

hit the menu button and go to video settings. 1080i and 1080p are options that you can scroll up or down to get then hit enter.

0 Likes
bbloom1

Are any of you have the issue where when you control the DVR via slingbox, that the up down skips two lines?  Can't seem to find a fix.

Brian

0 Likes