Re: VMS 1100 and Slingbox
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some people have experienced this issue with a standard remote as well.

I see it occasionally.

We all hope it is fixed in the release due out soon.

0 Likes
jdljr

Thanks.  That was driving me crazy.  I switched it the other way, from 1080P to 1080i, and the video now works on tv and slingbox at same time.  I am using hdmi for computyer monitor.

0 Likes
joef
change your video setting to 720. Problem solved
0 Likes
rfa5
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading all these posts I'm not sure what actually works with what!  Presently I have an older Slingbox Pro-HD that uses component connections and the TV is hooked up via HDMI to my legacy Motorola 7100 STB.  There are times that both the Slingbox and the TV are on at the same time. The present setup works fine.  Will this setup work with the Quantum boxes? If I did switch to Quantum, I would have a client box at this location.  So my question boils down to this, will a client box allow me to watch the tv via HDMI and also run the Slingbox via component at the same time? I'm just making sure this will work before I take the plunge and switch to Quantum.  Thanks!

0 Likes
The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having trouble with my Slingbox M1 not displaing video on my Quantum box. Changing the vid resolution from 1080p to 1080i. Fixed my issue.

0 Likes
BrW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Slingbox Pro-HD connected via component video to the STB. Worked fine with the old Motorola STB. Since upgrading to Quantum I get sound but no picture. For a while switching the STB from 1080p to 1080i helped but that no longer works. Clearly a bug in the FiOS Quantum Arris boxes which Verizon needs to address. Lots of posts online about this problem!

0 Likes
PaulP11

I was able to get it to work 2 ways. 

1. I used the yellow composite video wire instead of the 3 component wires. Than I had to “reconfigure composite” in the sling setup menu. 

Or 

2. Switch from 1080p to 1080i on the Fios settop box. This allows you to use the 3 component wires and provides a clearer picture when using slingbox. 

I did not notice any difference between 1080 p or I on my home TV. 

To switch to 1080i go to settings/ video/ select 1080i from menu 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes