VMS 1100 to Yamaha Receiver (RX-V371) Dolby Sound - maybe dumb question
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen some other posts mentioning that they are no longer getting dolby sound - but they seem to be connecting to soundbars...  I currently am working OK - but it seems my optical cable might be going bad/have a loose connection (I keep losing sounds and have to "jiggle" the cable).  Since I have to get to the back of my boxes, I was thinking to swap out my current connection (video component and the optical sound) to to the Yamaha receiver to just run a single HDMI.  Anyone else running that way - and will I still need to replace the optical cable - or does just HDMI between the two work just fine?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS 1100 to Yamaha Receiver (RX-V371) Dolby Sound - maybe dumb question
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BrianHarg wrote:

I have seen some other posts mentioning that they are no longer getting dolby sound - but they seem to be connecting to soundbars...  I currently am working OK - but it seems my optical cable might be going bad/have a loose connection (I keep losing sounds and have to "jiggle" the cable).  Since I have to get to the back of my boxes, I was thinking to swap out my current connection (video component and the optical sound) to to the Yamaha receiver to just run a single HDMI.  Anyone else running that way - and will I still need to replace the optical cable - or does just HDMI between the two work just fine?

Shouldn't make a difference whether you go HDMI or optical. Both can carry Dolby Digital, just make sure it is enabled in the Fios box settings and in the recievers input menu.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BrianHarg wrote:

Shouldn't make a difference whether you go HDMI or optical. Both can carry Dolby Digital, just make sure it is enabled in the Fios box settings and in the recievers input menu.

BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks - on my to do list tomorrow - will try w/ just HDMI and give it a shot - thanks!