VMS 1100
BPofMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received my VMS 1100 STB and am trying to figure out what the icons are for this devise.  Tried checking with Verizon Support, but they could not (or would not) answer my question.  Nor it the answer in the 1100 manual they directed me to.

Question is: Where can I find out what ALL the available icons mean that are available on the 1100 ?  Is there a place that will show the icon and what it means?  The rep I talked to would only say that it was propriatory information! Hard to believe that!  What's a user supposed to do, GUESS?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS 1100
Justin46
Legend

@BPofMD wrote:

Well, it's one half the answer, thank you!   I'd now like to see what these icons look like.  So those 4 icons are the ONLY ones that show up on the screen?  I sure appreciate your reply.

Those are the only icons that might appear as far as I know. As to what they look like, well, when they appear you will then know what they look like.... Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, here is a link to an older thread with perhaps a clarification on which icon will appear where on the display:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/VMS0011-Display-Icons/m-p/701546/highlight...

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1) 

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@BPofMD wrote:

Just received my VMS 1100 STB and am trying to figure out what the icons are for this devise.  Tried checking with Verizon Support, but they could not (or would not) answer my question.  Nor it the answer in the 1100 manual they directed me to.

Question is: Where can I find out what ALL the available icons mean that are available on the 1100 ?  Is there a place that will show the icon and what it means?  The rep I talked to would only say that it was propriatory information! Hard to believe that!  What's a user supposed to do, GUESS?

Here is a link to the Installation and Operations manual for the VMS1100:

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vms1100_install_ops_manual-s.pdf

And from that manual:

#6 shows the 4 possible icons. Is that what you are looking for?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
BPofMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it's one half the answer, thank you!   I'd now like to see what these icons look like.  So those 4 icons are the ONLY ones that show up on the screen?  I sure appreciate your reply.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BPofMD wrote:

Those are the only icons that might appear as far as I know. As to what they look like, well, when they appear you will then know what they look like.... Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, here is a link to an older thread with perhaps a clarification on which icon will appear where on the display:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/VMS0011-Display-Icons/m-p/701546/highlight...

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1) 

BPofMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

It DID help - thank you very much!!  I can't believe that the tech trying to answer that question couldn't .    The biggest surprise to me is those are the ONLY icons that could pop up!!! 

Again, kudos to you and thanks for the help!

0 Likes