VMS1100 - Premium Service - won't record 12 programs
PhatStrat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to FiOS Quantum Premium because I kept getting recording conflict messages. We have one DVR and 4 STBs, so I assumed it was using all 6 tuners and thereby causing the conflict. Now that I upgraded boxes I understood I would now have double the disc space as well as access to up to 12 tuners. Last night I got a recording coflict message again and had to cancel a recording to continue watching live TV.

Isn't the upgraded box supposed to have 12 tuners? And if so, how could I possibly be exceeding the 12 program limit? Did they ship me the wrong box? And is there a way I can verify how many tuners this box actually has?

Thanks.

PhatStrat

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS1100 - Premium Service - won't record 12 programs
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@blkvet951 wrote:

I just setup Premium DVR Service with 2 DVR’s and 2 minis. I can see recordings on both DVR’s  from any box, however I also get the 6 shows being recorded, which one do you want to skip recording to keep watching the current program. Also, I cannot tell it which DVR to record to. Is something wrong with my system?

I believe when you watch a channel, or record a channel you are using a tuner. Therefore if you are watching 6 programs while recording 6 programs you are using all 12 available tuners. Shouldn't get a conflict unless you have 2 programs scheduled on a box the same time you are watching something.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you go to Premium service, you get a second VMS.

Each one has 6 tuners.

Did you get a second VMS?

Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure sounds like they only sent you one box, not 2. You need 2 VMS boxes to have 12 tuners.

blkvet951
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just setup Premium DVR Service with 2 DVR’s and 2 minis. I can see recordings on both DVR’s  from any box, however I also get the 6 shows being recorded, which one do you want to skip recording to keep watching the current program. Also, I cannot tell it which DVR to record to. Is something wrong with my system?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@blkvet951 wrote:

I believe when you watch a channel, or record a channel you are using a tuner. Therefore if you are watching 6 programs while recording 6 programs you are using all 12 available tuners. Shouldn't get a conflict unless you have 2 programs scheduled on a box the same time you are watching something.

blkvet951
Enthusiast - Level 1

Most of the time only 2 boxes in use. However when the conflict screen pops up it only shows 6 shows being recorded, never 7 or more. I think the boxes must be programmed by the user to split recordings on each DVR; the system isn’t smart enough to share recordings to one DVR vs the other.

Also, you need to be on the DVR  you want to record to. You cannot be on one DVR and program to record to the other, however, you can record to either DVR from either mini.