Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

VMS1100 - Premium Service - won't record 12 programs

PhatStrat
Contributor
Contributor

VMS1100 - Premium Service - won't record 12 programs

Message 1 of 3
(877 Views)

I recently upgraded to FiOS Quantum Premium because I kept getting recording conflict messages. We have one DVR and 4 STBs, so I assumed it was using all 6 tuners and thereby causing the conflict. Now that I upgraded boxes I understood I would now have double the disc space as well as access to up to 12 tuners. Last night I got a recording coflict message again and had to cancel a recording to continue watching live TV.

Isn't the upgraded box supposed to have 12 tuners? And if so, how could I possibly be exceeding the 12 program limit? Did they ship me the wrong box? And is there a way I can verify how many tuners this box actually has?

Thanks.

PhatStrat

2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: VMS1100 - Premium Service - won't record 12 programs

Message 2 of 3
(831 Views)

When you go to Premium service, you get a second VMS.

Each one has 6 tuners.

Did you get a second VMS?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Airwolf
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: VMS1100 - Premium Service - won't record 12 programs

Message 3 of 3
(740 Views)

Sure sounds like they only sent you one box, not 2. You need 2 VMS boxes to have 12 tuners.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.