VMS1100 Record start/stop times
K9PJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recording programs from menu using red button.  Programs always start one or two minutes early and END by the same amount of time.  A real pain when unable to see the end of programs.  How can this be corrected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS1100 Record start/stop times
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of that is the providers.

Recording starts a bit early to make sure tuner is changed and such before scheduled start.

If you notice, a lot of shows end a little bit after the prescribed time (ie instead of 8:30:00 it might be 8:30:30).

I make all my series extend record time 1 minute.

The good thing is that if a show falls right behind scheduled to record, it doesn't affect the next recording. Just stops and the new one picks up at its designated start time.

When doing it via rec button, just hit it again after it is recording and you can select to extend end time by 1 or more minutes.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of that is the providers.

Recording starts a bit early to make sure tuner is changed and such before scheduled start.

If you notice, a lot of shows end a little bit after the prescribed time (ie instead of 8:30:00 it might be 8:30:30).

I make all my series extend record time 1 minute.

The good thing is that if a show falls right behind scheduled to record, it doesn't affect the next recording. Just stops and the new one picks up at its designated start time.

When doing it via rec button, just hit it again after it is recording and you can select to extend end time by 1 or more minutes.

K9PJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks CRob. I will see if I can extend, this apparently works only when the recording is in progress.  The Verizon system is different than some others, such as Dish where the recording is trigered by the start and end of programs.  This means if a sports event runs overtime, the recorder continues until the program ends and the following program starts.  In the meantime a very helpful live chat came through with a reprogramming of my VMS1100 so that as best I can tell the start is now about 30 seconds early rather than one or two minutes early.  This in itself is a big help. HNY

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Intersted to know what they had you reprogram.

I beleive (not home to verify) that once you have something programmed to record (not via series but by using rec button in guide) you can go back under DVR Scheduled programs and modify start/end times.

0 Likes