VMS1100 install - Troubleshooter keeps popping up - check your "splitters"
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

Last week I self-installed a new VMS1100 and the new Cable Modem - collectively known as Quantum TV.

Everything seemed OK, but then the Troubleshooter page kept popping up to tell me that the VMS1100 had no internet or video connectivity.  Looking further, it showed IP addresses or 0.0.0.0

The error page would disappear by itself after a second or two.  But it would display again maybe a few seconds, or a few minutes later.

A call to Verizon and the Tech guy told me that the signals were marginal, and he arranged for a Tech guy out the next day.

He too found the signals "marginal".

Eventually, he found the promlem, an old splitter was in use.  It had a frequency rating of 1200Mhz.  He replaced it with a newer 1675Mhz splitter.  Now the Troubleshooter messages were down to about 1 or 2 an hour.

I replaced an other splitter later, which also had a frequency rating of 1200Mhz, with a 1675Mhz, and the problem has gone away.

So, the point of this is - if you are installing the new Quantum TV boxes, the VMS1100 box is more reliant on the signal from the cable modem than previous models, so make sure that any splitters in the line are rated at least 1675Mhz.

Bryan.

0 Likes