VMS1100 still going into standby mode over night
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

My VMS110 STB is still going into standby overnight and when I turn on the TV in the morning, I wait for the STB to come back up. I have AUTO POWER OFF set to NONE. Shouldn't this setting prevent the STB from going in standby?

Thanks so much, Rose.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS1100 still going into standby mode over night
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

When you say standby mode, is the box giving you the "downloading program info" screen every time you turn it on, or is it going to the Fios splash screen? If it's the splash screen your remote is turning the Fios box off when you turn off the TV. You have to leave the box on or that's what you'll see when you turn it on. You can disable the "posters" and "recommendations " in the box menu and that could help speed things up. Also try powercycling the box before you do anything, unplug its power for 30 seconds,  plug it back in.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

When you say standby mode, is the box giving you the "downloading program info" screen every time you turn it on, or is it going to the Fios splash screen? If it's the splash screen your remote is turning the Fios box off when you turn off the TV. You have to leave the box on or that's what you'll see when you turn it on. You can disable the "posters" and "recommendations " in the box menu and that could help speed things up. Also try powercycling the box before you do anything, unplug its power for 30 seconds,  plug it back in.

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good points! Thank you. You're probably right. I'm probably inadvertently powering the STB down when turning off the TV. I will try your suggestions. I think it's the splash screen, and I'll pay closer attention tomorrow morning. Thanks so much for your reply.