VOD_212 error! Cannot watch VOD at night, only works during the day?
Burticus
Enthusiast - Level 2

This last week I have been trying to watch VOD after midnight CT and get the VOD_212 error on anything I choose.  When I try the next day during the daytime hours it works fine.

WHAT is happening?  If this is some kind of server maintenance IT HAS TO STOP!  A lot of people are still up after midnight!  If it has to be daily, do it at 4am or something.  But this has to be new because I didn't have this problem last week!

0 Likes
Re: VOD_212 error! Cannot watch VOD at night, only works during the day?
Jynxt

Yeah... I worked all day and just wanted to come home and watch a tv show that aired last night. It has not worked since midnight, it is now 1:40 am. This is ridiculous, even if it was updating it shouldn't take this long. I hope this is just an anomaly, and not a reoccuring problem. 

0 Likes
Burticus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happened again last night.  Fired up a show around 11:45pm and watched that.  Tried to do another when it was over about 12:30am or so and got 212 errors.

0 Likes
Burticus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just watched a show on VOD and it works fine, during the daytime....

0 Likes
Badstrife
I have the same problem, On Demand on Comcast rarely had outages. I am beginning to think I should have never of switched. I have been having the vod 212 error for over a month, and resetting the router does nothing along with the STB. One would hope Verizon has an answer for this, I for one am unsatisfied....
0 Likes
Keri_77
Enthusiast - Level 1
VOD went out at 12 am and it's 3:30 am and it's still out.
0 Likes
MrBigShot
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has happened frequently over the last couple of weeks--the highly annoying VOD_212 error message.

The most recent example was Monday morning (midnight to about 3 am) on 3/26/2012.  It was impossible to order ANY video on demand (including free items, premium channel vod, and pay as you go vod).

I sent a request for information to Verizon asking for the hours of operation of the video on demand service.  Their reply was that video on demand is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  This is obviously untrue.  They further suggested I call technical support which I'm about to do now.  If I get through (ha ha) and if I receive helpful information I'll repost it here.

It is NOT a solution to wait for three hours (or the next day) to order a video on demand program.  Verizon claims this service is available 24x7.  If this is not true, then they ought to let their customers and prospective customers know what hours VOD will be unavailable.

0 Likes
FIOSMD
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is **bleep** you are all getting from Verizon. The truth is that there system it's no longer stable. This it's because of poor planning and implementation.The problems ares with everything from bad firmware on the STBs, the lack of the STBs being able up keep up with the it's digital stream, bad head end equipment and ports, to over subscription on the network, they is never a valid reason for a vod server to give a unavailable message or to be down for maintenance at all while online, they are virtual and updated when individually offline. NEVER A REASON FOR VOD THE BE UNAVAILABLE PERIOD! Verizon it's not addressing the problems with diligence because of cost. Untill customers refuse you pay fire services that do not work they will not do what is required to fix the problems bruised our involves things like replacing millions if STBs.
Hathor777

I am having this issue as well.. it used to be 12:15 on the dot that the On-demand service went out, but now it's 11pm!! What's better,  for all of you following this forum is that Verizon tech support just informed me that On-demand is NOT a 24 hour service. That most nights, the On-demand service will usually be unavailable between the hours of 12pm and 6am nightly. They said "It may not be all the time, but most of the time." So, I asked him again,.. so what you are telling me is that the on demand service is not 24 hours then, and the on-demand service has hours of operation?? He was silent on THAT question for a few moments before finally saying "Yes, I didn't realize that they do maintenence this often, but yes, I guess that is exactly what  I am telling you." So now, you know. I'm posting this on every internet medium I have access to, and asking everyone I know to spread the word that Verizon does not have a 24/7 on demand service. Also, since I am paying for a 24 hour service, I will be adding up the hours it is not available for each month, and asking for a refund. Not that they will give me one of course, but I will be posting to this information EVERYWHERE I CAN!! This is unacceptable, and the fact that there are "hours of operation" for a service that is labeled 24 hours a day is thievery, shady, and misleading. I am praying for the day another company shows up on the scene that offers Fiber Optic in my area. Guess what I'll be doing??? Yeah.. I'm sure you can.. Verizon has grown too big and complacent with the lack of competition in the marketplace. The only thing thats going to take them down is another company coming in who can offer the same services with better customer service. Then there will be a mass exodus of thier customers, and then its Goodbye Verizon! Oh what a happy day that will be... Its a shame too. I really used to like Verizon, when they first came out years ago.. but now everyone I know that has them hates them with a fiery passion that burns... the market is just ripe for a new competitor. I hope someone steps up soon...

0 Likes