VOD 3D: Remote Control Stops Working
yyaman

Hi,

I just got a QIP 71001 and everything is set up properly. However, when I am watching any 3D program on On Demand, after I start watching, the remote control stops working. No matter what button I press including the STB button, nothing happens. However when I use my Remote Control App on my Android, it is working. So I know the problem is not from box but from the Remote itself. Also, I have reset the remote control and I still have the same problem. 

Did anyone have the same problem? If yes, any fix for it or did I just get a bad Remote?

Thanks.

P.S. The remote only controls the STB, I didn't even program it to control my TV.

0 Likes
Re: VOD 3D: Remote Control Stops Working
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This does not mean the problem is with your remote. You have to keep in mind, the remote is a dummy device. All it does is shoot out an IR command. It has no clue what's going on on the other end. The issue is within the box itself. It processes the requests different from the remote VS the app. Requests from the remote gets processed through the IR receiver on the box and the requests from the app go through the internet from the router to the box over the coax line riding the data path. Please try an autocorrection on the box for me. Press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. If you are still having troubles, please send me a private message. 

0 Likes
Re: VOD 3D: Remote Control Stops Working
Justin46
Legend

Just a crazy idea here.....

What it sounds like to me is IR interference from the TV.

Over the years there have been numerous reports of remotes not working when the TV was first turned on, and the problem turned out to be that some TVs, when set very bright or with the built-in light sensor turned on, would emit enough IR radiation to block the IR signal from the remote. Usually after 5 or 10 minutes the IR interference would stop, and the remote would magicaly begin working.

Now this is obviously a different environment, but I wonder if somehow, when the TV is displaying a 3D picture, it generates an IR signal that it doesn't generate otherwise, and this is causing interferance. An easy way to test would be to move the STB away from the TV so that you would be aiming the remote in a direction away from the TV and the STB sensor would not be seeing any IR signal from the TV, or to place a piece of paper between the TV and the STB to again block any interference. If the problem goes away doing either, then it is IR interference. If it doesn't, well then, your guess is as good as mine....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes