VOD: Crazy Heart HD (Cinemax) corrupted at ~18 minutes?
altenbach
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are trying to watch Crazy Heart HD on demand (Cinemax), but every time after about ~18 minutes it goes automatically  to the info screen and pressing "resume play" will start the move over. Even when I try to fast forward over the 18 minute mark it stops the same way. There is no way to finish watching the movie. 😞

We observed this last Thursday, and we tried again almost every day, last time just a few minutes ago (Sunday, 1-1-2012), but the problem persists. It always stops at exactly the same scene.

It seems to me that the movie is truncated (or corrupted) on the server.

(I tried a few other VOD movies, but everything else works fine. I called tech support but it always seems to take such a long time with useless tests, e.g. checking the router. There is no known issue or solution, but I got a ticket number. I just trying to see if others see the same problem, just to eliminate a local problem on my side (router, STB, etc.))

Does anyone else in Southern California experience the same problem? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: VOD: Crazy Heart HD (Cinemax) corrupted at ~18 minutes?
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

altenbach,

I've sent you a PM so that we can get some more information from you and have this asset checked locally.

Thanks!

0 Likes
altenbach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Adam. I submitted the information.

0 Likes
altenbach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I haven't heard anything back from anyone since submitting the information, but looking at the cinemax VOD now, it seems the solution to the problem was to simply remove "Crazy Heart" from the lineup. 😞

Am I interpreting things correctly here? 😄

0 Likes