Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

VOD Movie Rentals, Can only watch on the box you rent it on

autitania
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

VOD Movie Rentals, Can only watch on the box you rent it on

Message 1 of 5
(5,896 Views)

While I now know this is the case, I do think Verizon should look into this.  I don't know about a lot of you, but I sometimes will order a movie later in the night...mabye it's been a long day and alas, I fall asleep.  This normally means that when I get up in the moring I'll watch the movie again (after all I've paid $5) from my bedroom this time.  We'll, with FIOs you can't do this.  I did this just the other day and called FIOS when I realized I was going to be charged $5 again.  My roomates, also have this problem, they'll rent a movie in their room and then we all decide to watch it together later on. 

I feel if we pay $5 for a movie, we should have the option to watch it on any of our boxes.  With the costs associated, $15 per box plus the $5 for the movie, customers are paying a pretty penny for these services.  I know when I lived in TN and had comcast I could watch anything on any box. 

Other customers...what are your thoughts.

4 REPLIES 4
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: VOD Movie Rentals, Can only watch on the box you rent it on

Message 2 of 5
(5,889 Views)

@autitania wrote:

While I now know this is the case, I do think Verizon should look into this.  I don't know about a lot of you, but I sometimes will order a movie later in the night...mabye it's been a long day and alas, I fall asleep.  This normally means that when I get up in the moring I'll watch the movie again (after all I've paid $5) from my bedroom this time.  We'll, with FIOs you can't do this.  I did this just the other day and called FIOS when I realized I was going to be charged $5 again.  My roomates, also have this problem, they'll rent a movie in their room and then we all decide to watch it together later on. 

I feel if we pay $5 for a movie, we should have the option to watch it on any of our boxes.  With the costs associated, $15 per box plus the $5 for the movie, customers are paying a pretty penny for these services.  I know when I lived in TN and had comcast I could watch anything on any box. 

Other customers...what are your thoughts.

I agree. I know the billing is done by STB ID. It would require them to enable purchases to be viewed on all the box IDs registered to your location. Seems doable, but I could see a whole host of issues. Such as duplicate billing. This one would require a lot of testing. I can see us now saying to billing that I didn't order it from 5 TVs.Smiley Wink
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-01-2009 06:14 AM
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 5
(5,871 Views)
The cable compnaies do this easily, I don't know Verizon can't figure it out. For now, if you know in advance you want to see a movie, you can call in and order it and they will activate it on all STB's without ordering thru the remote, but who wants to wait on hold for 30 minutes?
autitania
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(5,844 Views)
I didn't know you could call a movie in.  I agree...who wants to be on hold forever!  I'd rather run over to the blockbuster.
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(5,824 Views)

@autitania wrote:
I didn't know you could call a movie in.  I agree...who wants to be on hold forever!  I'd rather run over to the blockbuster.

Redbox is only $1.Smiley Wink
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title