VOD Mystery
FiosBilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all,

Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it myself,

Last night I was watching a VOD Free(of course) of the FearNet channel. Night Of the Living Dead(2006). Awful movie btw.

I decide to pause, stop the movie and go to bed. But before doing so I checked "My Rentals" and "My Purchases". Low and behold I saw two rentals, which are mine that I know of and while I was looking three more were added while I was looking at the page. I thought what the heck. One movie was added twice, a "pay" per view, which I never, ever use @$4.99.  I live alone, there are no kids in my house. I tried to delete them right away so as not to be charged.

Well I checked my account online and it was too late, the "Rental"  has been charged to my account. Turn out it's a Flex View rental for 29 days and 23hrs. (Odd since I was occupied watching FearNet Free VOD at that time)

Now the fun begins, trying to explain and convince Billing Support that I did not make these purchases. I can honestly say

that I did not make these purchases and believe some security issues exist within the VZ VOD Authorization system.

Last week , my STB didn't have enough credits to buy a asset. This week I get assets without asking.  This is not good.

Hopefully someone here can explain this situation, thanks. 

FiosBilliam

0 Likes
Re: VOD Mystery
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We can take a look at those purchases and see whats going on. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
mhdennis

I am also getting charged for videos i did not order.  I noticed it on my most recent bill.  there were five i did not order.  two of them were while my family was on vacation, no one was in the home.  billing insisted someone had to order them and press "confirm" on the remote.    I asked them to explain how that was possible when there was no one in our home.  I also had Spanish Language mysteriously added to my account.  

I also noticed a $2 flex view credit on my bill.  I asked her to explain it and she couldn't.  I have never seen it before.

0 Likes
mhdennis

I did a little more investigating.  The fraudulent rentals on my account are also flex view rentals.  i don't even know how to do a flex view rental.  I read that a computer or device has to be authorized to do the rental, but i couldn't find a list of authorized devices on my account.  Do you have any idea where you find that?  

0 Likes