VOD Not enough Credits for Purchase
shogunloser

I am browsing the "Free" VOD shows, then just about on the next episode I've encountered the error

Your box does not have enough credit to make this purchase. Please Call Verizon at 866-962-1946 and enter code:8632 [VOD_131]

First course of action taken is to follow the instructions provided but got the automated response that "nobody picked up"

- Done this twice

Second action is to search the web for a solution.

- Seemd like this is an ongoing issue with the provider

Found a post about running the command on the STB

Customer Service > In Home Agent > Auto Correct STB

Waited 5 minutes according to the response received and nothing still.

I am paying the highest package possible for the FIOS TV Plan that is included in the Triple Play and this type of issues is just unsatisfactory and unacceptable.

The STB seems to be running on the most recent firmware available from the provider.

I am infuriated that drives me to post a rant on this forum, that I am not sure that an employee will post a reply  in this post "to go ahead and submit a ticket or this is a known issue that we are working on" - The earliest I've seen that somebody has encountered this problem is dated back in 2009. Please tell me that an issue that is about going on 3 years now still do not have a resolution?

0 Likes
Re: VOD Not enough Credits for Purchase
Hubrisnxs
Legend

looks like that is an outage that just got declared today.  I heard it on their upfront message when I called in a few moments ago.   😞

0 Likes
shogunloser

Hubrisnxs,

Thanks for the info, I am in the state that I know I will not receive a resolution at this moment.

But for a Big Company like Verizon, it is so elementary to provide an error message that is totally unrelated to the current issue the provider is experiencing.

Why can't the message display the appropriate and the accurate issue instead of a very misleading information.

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am having the exact same problem. I cannot watch FREE NBC vod content. Tried calling two customer service numbers but after several rings I am disconnected. I also posted a separate post on this problem as I feel I have no where to turn.
0 Likes
Elra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
atomis123
Enthusiast - Level 2

its very upsetting that I don't have the credit to get FREE stuff.....I checked my pockets and am pretty sure I should be able to afford free ...lol...and yeah getting disconnected when calling the number is kinda humiliating ....hope this gets resolved I really am a fan of the on-demand content but if they are going to say something is "free" and then charge me a rental fee on it then its not "free" 😞

0 Likes
DMace

Same problem here.  I actually got a helpdesk person and he let me sit on hold for 40 minutes while he talked to his tech person.  I finally hung up out of frustration and tried calling beack but kept getting disconnected.

I did not think this was the Comcast support line.  Way to go VZ!

0 Likes
GaryG

Just got off the phone with customer support and I was informed that Verizon's FIOS billing system is off line on the East coast. So when you try to bring up a VOD show/movie, the box tries to connect with the billing system and it can't so you get the error message.

0 Likes
fury1995

Yep, I am having the same issue. Used the STB Auto Correct and now it just plain says I need to suscribe to VOD. Just for kicks I did that and then it told me I need to subscribe to HBO also. I have the highest purchase plan for all channels and VOD but just kicks I (re) subscribed to HBO just to see what would happen... nothing.

0 Likes
SereneSilence

Same thing's happened to me 😞

0 Likes