VOD Not working
FilmRadical
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have browsed the forums(to be fair I looked rather quickly through most posts), but I did not find any solution to my problem. For the past 3 or 4 days certain videos(one was a ondemand movie the other was a tv show episode), have had issues streaming. I haven't been able to even start these videos with out graphical artifacts or glitches appearing, but even when they do start they crash in less than a minute. After the video crashes the error message "VOD 191" appears on the screen. I have tried rebooting both the rourter and the set top box, numerous times and the error message continues. I have also tried to play the videos on another tv in my apartment, and have not had an issue with the image containing any artifacts or crashing. Please feel free to ask for any other information you might need to help me. 

0 Likes
Re: VOD Not working
aliasneo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello FilmRadical

try calling the support on 1 800 837 4966 or initiate a live chat with the Technical team they can fix this for you by inspecting your box that will be easier.

0 Likes
Re: VOD Not working
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@FilmRadical wrote:

Hi, I have browsed the forums(to be fair I looked rather quickly through most posts), but I did not find any solution to my problem. For the past 3 or 4 days certain videos(one was a ondemand movie the other was a tv show episode), have had issues streaming. I haven't been able to even start these videos with out graphical artifacts or glitches appearing, but even when they do start they crash in less than a minute. After the video crashes the error message "VOD 191" appears on the screen. I have tried rebooting both the rourter and the set top box, numerous times and the error message continues. I have also tried to play the videos on another tv in my apartment, and have not had an issue with the image containing any artifacts or crashing. Please feel free to ask for any other information you might need to help me. 

Hello,

It seems like you may have a connectivity issue.  

Try the following:

1) Recheck the coax cable that connects from the wall to the back of your STB (FiOS TV In/RF In port). Unscrew the coax cable and inspect the copper pin in the middle on both coax ends to make sure both pins are not bent or broken. Check for crimps on the actual cable itself.  If you see some physical problems with the coax cable, try replacing it.

2) Reset the router:  press the reset button on the back of the router for 15 seconds.

3) From the FiOS TV Remote navigate to:

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Reboot STB

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Set Top Box Auto-Correction

Also, if you don't mind, could you let us know:

a) what STB model is giving you the VOD error message?

b) what cable you are using from the STB to the TV?

c) is the STB connected to a high-def TV or standard TV?

If all else fails, try contacting Verizon's Technical Support via livechat at www.verizon.com/contactus

or calling 1-888-553-1555.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out!

0 Likes