VOD Restart issue
lordkalven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every time VOD times out or I stop watching something on VOD to eat dinner or go do something. When I come back I always have to start at the begging again. This is really a crappy issue and makes my viewing times propblematic. I have called Tech support on this many times. All I ever get is that it is an issue that they ahve been working on for 2 years. I am really getting tired of this. I am almost to the point of ending my relationship with Verizon and moving over to Comcast. I know that Comcast has a lesser speed internet as I have the new 150/65 at this time with Fios but I am so tired of the having to restart every {word filter avoidance} show from the begging..

Frustrated VOD users ready to switch. 

Re: VOD Restart issue
Whetsc
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yes the VOD service has been lousy and just gets worse especially for the prices we pay. So much for the cost savings promised 2 years ago. Another user considering going back to Comcast/ TWC.
0 Likes
Andersen5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I JUST had the same problem - now it's fixed.  I share your frustration!

For some reason the modem gets disconnected with the boxes.  This is what they told me to do (I have 3 boxes, 1 HD/DVR, 1 HD and 1 reg box)

1.  Unscrew the cable into your DVR Box, then do the same with the other 2.

2. Do a reset to your modem (put a paperclip into back to access the hard reset button and hold it until all the lights go off)

3.  Let the modem reset fully

4.  Screw back in the cables to your boxes STARTING with the DVR box first.  The let the channel guides boot back up.

I did this about 3 weeks ago and it's been working like a charm since.

0 Likes
murgo571
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is pretty much the same answer we used to get from Comcast. Roboot everything, and they act as if you're an idiot for asking why. Having to rebot all the equipment, all the time was one of the reasons we dropped Comcast.

0 Likes