VOD Update/ FIOS' USELESS TECH SUPPORT
ChrisFLH70

On 12/7/10 I called tech support. After being transferred around I wound up with a tech who was rude and condescending. My inquiry was that none of my free on demand TV programs were updated past 11/16. The Verizon website said that the programs I was looking for were available. The tech support guy (I never got his name, he mumbled a lot) told me that the website was wrong, and that whenever I logged onto VOD on my TV, that I was online with the most up to date information, so therefore the website would have to be updated, not my equipment. I asked him if he could help me reset my box, and he told me that it wouldn't help, and that I should accept that the vod was a little backlogged (Three weeks?!?!?!) He also told me that the vod was being updated on 12/7 & 12/8. It's 12/9 and guess what, NO UPDATES! I called my brother who also has FIOS, and we compared our vod lineups. He had more updated episodes of all of the shows I was interested in. He told me to unplug the box to reset it, that whenever it was windy, this is what he has to do. After resetting the box, all of the shows on my box were UPDATED!! I wish I could have understood the tech support better when he mumbled his name, because I would recommend him {please keep your posts courteous}I'm beginning to hate FIOS, they are just as incompetent as Cablevision!

0 Likes
Re: VOD Update/ FIOS' USELESS TECH SUPPORT
ChrisFLH70

I would like to apologize for being discourteous in my reference to the abilities of the tech support crew. Evidently, giving the wrong information, telling the customer that they don't know what they are talking about, and calling them a liar is OK according to the guidelines, but I can't nominate them for any incompetence awards. My bad!

0 Likes
Re: VOD Update/ FIOS' USELESS TECH SUPPORT
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I think we've all had our fair share of bad customer service experiences with various companies, and it's usually a bad one in the bunch.  and I hope he didn't ruin the bunch for you.   this is a peer to peer forum, so Verizon reps poke their heads in from time to time but you're mostly talking to other users.   

I have personally had some pretty great experiences, and some mediocre ones but never rude, and if they were flat out rude, you should probably issue a complaint against that person to their sup. 

you may even get something out of it, who knows.

0 Likes