VOD build and resume play malfunction
kbdck

About two weeks ago I discovered that the 'Resume' function for VOD programs was no longer functional. When you hit 'Resume', it restarted the program. After spending two hours on the phone resetting my stb's and router several times, I was told that the problem was with the new build for the VOD play commands. They then reverted to the old black message box commands, which worked fine.

Now they've reloaded the glitzy--and non functional--vod commands window again. Now not only will 'Resume' command not work on a VOD program, but when I stop the program, I get a black screen. Only way to get back to tv is to hit exit. After the fiasco of two weeks ago, when I was assured it was not a system problem (only to be informed days later that it WAS a system problem) I'm wondering who else is experiencing this problem. I assume everyone, since it popped up after the new build.

I really wish someone would bang these hotshot programmers' heads together, and tell 'em to stop FIXING something that ain't BROKE!

bd

0 Likes
Re: VOD build and resume play malfunction
Justin46
Legend

Well, I just tried it and cannot reproduce your problem.

1) When I stop a VOD it just stops, leaves the still picture on the screen. Hitting Exit takes me back to live TV. Is having to hit Exit different than it used to be? I don't use VOD that often, I am not sure whether it has always been that way or is something new. But whether it is new or not, doesn't matter to me to have to do that.

2) When I go back in and choose the Restart option, it picks right up where it was.

Now admittedly this was a limited test, but for me it seems to be ok.

Keller, TX 76248

kbdck

You're right. The resume function is working now. But the black screen of death is still all I get when I stop the program. It used to default back to the VOD menu. So I guess someone'd working on this as we speak.

Thanks for the response Justin.

bd

0 Likes
thegeorgeguy

dude i live in keller too and cannot get the resume feature to work.  brand new customer and my wife hates that it is not working.  she wants to cancel.  i would rather it get fixed but support has no clue.  is it now working for you still and if so any ideas what could be causing this? thanks for reading!

0 Likes
vzhomeuser

Support knows of this issue- they are indeed working on it...please standby / it will be fixed soon..thnx

0 Likes
thegeorgeguy

Well that is great to hear.  When I called to open a case they were unable to help and said they did not know what to do or what caused it.  Where did you hear this or what gives you the optimism.  Do you have any details to share?  Hope so and if so when is supposed fix to arrive?  I can only hold her off from canceling for a few more days.  

Worst case if not fixed soon I will keep their internet and come back to TV once it is confirmed to be working.  Maybe the 1.9 IMG will fix it but no one seems to know.  Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
vzhomeuser

should be working now....tough for the people you have been contacting..because they are not technical and only convey info.  The resume problem is fixed. A server was updated and reset...all is good..thnx

0 Likes
thegeorgeguy
Sweet man you right it is working! This is great news! Thanks a lot for sharing I really appreciate it - excited about update with hd interface and esata expansion then will be set.
0 Likes
caquinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

They may be working the issue but it's now June 2, 2011 and it's still not fixed for me.  Obviously, it's not a particularly big priority if they are unwilling/unable to fix it within 3 months.  Speaking as a programmer, if management makes fixing the problem a priority, trust me, it gets fixed.

0 Likes
caquinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

They haven't fixed the problem for me

0 Likes