VOD error screen

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

VOD error screen

Message 1 of 3
(3,343 Views)

Hello all:

I just got FiOS Triple Play installed Monday and whenever I try to watch a VOD program, as soon as the program starts, I get the grey transparent box with red lettering telling me to activate my cable service, call this number.... and it has the device address, mac address and so on. Is this something that should have been done by the installer? Or is this something that I need to call customer service for?

**Update**

I just received my 2nd STB, HD receiver and the VOD works on this one. So it appears that only the DVR is affected.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: VOD error screen

Message 2 of 3
(3,299 Views)

It sounds like Verizon needs to reload the firm ware. They can do that remotely is you call Fios support.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: VOD error screen

Message 3 of 3
(3,291 Views)

Update - Talked with CS this morning, they sent a few reset commands but none worked. So, a tech will be here monday morning. Luckily VOD is still watchable, I just have to wait 5 min for the screen to go away.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.