VOD movie rental is pixelated
Rockicemtn
VOD movie rental is pixelated. Cable channels are working just fine and sneak preview and trailer of the movie is fine. Thoughts?
0 Likes
Re: VOD movie rental is pixelated
taryn3

I have the same issue today, FIOS help is no help with the issue. Wish I had an answer

0 Likes
paulv0627b
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even my previews are pixelated. This has been getting progressively worse for months and I won't use VOD anymore.

0 Likes
Tclack
Any solution on this? I'm experiencing it now with my HD rental.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting support?

Either via chat or I have good luck with twitter @verizonsupport.
Some people have reported that they have had good luck with clearing up issues talking to them.

0 Likes
JohnWiz1

Having the same issue.  Had it with my old STB and with the new Quantum VMS.   I contacted tech support, they were of no help.  They had no ability to support the new STB - but since the problem existed with the old STB and new, it is another issue.  It looks more like a congestion or BW issue.

I don't seem to have the issue with any channel playback, only on VOD.  They did give me a number for the dedicated tech support for the new STB, but I doubt that will be the issue.

0 Likes
jmich619

I was having the same issue and it was a bad splitter in my line. It would happen on anything I watched on demand. tv channels were fine but any on demand movies or tv shows would freeze and pixelate. Might try bypassing splitter if you have one just for chance.

0 Likes
jmich619

wrong thread

0 Likes
mkwats

My VOD was pixelated too. I reset my router first and then my set box. This corrected the problem. 

0 Likes
borgy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may try this if I ever decide again to rent a movie. I think I'll reset both on general principals in case it avoids other potential problems.  Than you.

This is the second time in a year this has happen when renting a movie. Unfortunately I forgot it happened and how I got them to refund it.   Each time I have to spend time in the Verizon onsite maze trying to find out how to get a refund. The contact info is illusive so I tried Twittter to support, I hope they respond.

I  need to remember how much time and trouble it is when this happens but time passes and I forget.  I admire the patience and persistence of others who find solutions like this. and share it with the rest of us.  Thank heavens for Apple TV and Roku.

0 Likes