VOD quit working Three Weeks ago

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(2,462 Views)

My VOD quite working three weeks ago, in order to get it to work I had to turn off the router and the set top box and hope for the best - this procedure worked about one in four times. . As long as you used the service the VOD worked but once you quit watching the set top box would get disconnected from the network. I had a new router shipped to me but as it turned out this router was dysfunctional. After taking to tech support for 40 minutes last Tuesday and jumping through his hopes we determined that the new router was useless. Next a tech visit was schedule and I tried telling her that the routers appear to be bad and after I went through the same procedure of disconnecting and reconnecting all the hardware with both my old router and the shipped defective one - the same conclusion was reached - it looks like the routers are defective. After an hour of wasted time I asked if you could get a router form her truck but to my but to my ever growing frustration she did not have any. When the Tech did not show on Friday with a new router as promised but called Saturday and woke my wife up I decided to call Verizon and ask for the gentlemen that original installed my system. If anyone could shed some light on the problem I would be grateful. It seems the next time Verizon can make a visit is not until Saturday. In short a month without VOD.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: VOD quit working Three Weeks ago

Message 2 of 2
(2,448 Views)

Hello russell813 ,

Is this the only stb that you have, if not is it happening on any other stbs?

Frank
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.