VOD - video and audio always choppy

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 5
(6,614 Views)

Maybe someone here can help me out. Whenever I try to play a movie on demand, the video and audio are always choppy! It doesn't matter if I purchase the movie or try to to play a free one with the premium subscription service. When I watch regular TV or when I watch something I recorded on DVR the video and audio are fine. I haven't been able to watch ANYTHING on demand because of this issue, very disappointing. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!  Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: VOD - video and audio always choppy

Message 2 of 5
(6,579 Views)

I suggest you change a coax setting in your router.  Try the steps below to configure the router setting.  Test and let me know if it helps, Thanks.

Log into your router by typing 192.168.1.1 on your address bar of any explorer web page.

on the router login screen type in admin for user name and password or password 1 for your password

on main page click on the blue globe Broadband connection

next click on the top row which is the rule name column selection COAX

next click settings button on bottom

change your coax link setting from 1-1150mhz  to AUTO

click apply.

Logout of the router on left side

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(6,566 Views)

Thanks Joe for your response. I'll let you know how it works.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(6,548 Views)

I tried the settings you told me too, but it's still choppy. Thanks again for your help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 5
(6,488 Views)

If you send me your billing tele# in a private message and leave me a time to call you tomorrow we can discuss this further.

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.