Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

VPN and FIOS

Contributor
Contributor

VPN and FIOS

Message 1 of 4
(5,697 Views)

I need to utilize a Sonicwall VPN router (Tunnels) with my FIOS connection and still be able to support the TV Guide and on demand functions on my set top devices. I have been unable to find out from Verizon how this might be accomplished. Is it possible for Verizon to provide an Network Interface Module output for the TV units as well as a ethernet output for my router?

3 REPLIES 3
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: VPN and FIOS

Message 2 of 4
(5,685 Views)

yes, we can send you a nim, or you can also piggyback the actiontec to the sonicwall put it in a firewall free zone, dmz etc and all your tv's will function of that actiontec.

question is are you ethernet or coax from ont to router?

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
(5,678 Views)
Well actually tech support will not be able to ship a NIM, however our field technicians can carry them on the trucks.  Call into the Tech support and request a dispatch to drop off a nim.  If you run into any problems, please send me a private message.
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(5,649 Views)
Well if you have Ethernet from your ONT to your sonic wall or router you do not need a nim and the Actiontec will function fine as a bridge to your TVs from Ethernet to COAX. What I have done is disabled WAN and DHCP run LAN to LAN on my router and set the connections in the actiontec as bridged. I also set the DHCP on my router to issue the set top box addresses from 192.168.1.0.100-105 based on the STB MAC addresses. Works fine here. My Actiontec is just acting as a brige and does nothing else. The Nim probably uses less power, but I have the Actiontec.
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-31-2009 08:55 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.