Verify or ResetUp of Media Manager

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Verify or ResetUp of Media Manager

Message 1 of 3
(479 Views)

Hi:

When I first began with FiOS TV service, there was a way for me to specify picture and/or video files that are located on my desktop PC for viewing on my Livingroom HDTV set.  It seems that something has changed unknowingly, because I am unable to view such files. 

I need assistance  to either verify software setup or to reset/reinstall the needed software to again be able to view slideshows, individual pictures, or video clips.  

Can anyone here help me?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Verify or ResetUp of Media Manager

Message 2 of 3
(459 Views)

See the following thread.  It seems that Media Manager has been discontinued. So there may not be a solution to your problem. 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Where-is-Media-Manager/m-p/591041/highligh...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verify or ResetUp of Media Manager

Message 3 of 3
(398 Views)

Hi Walt:

Thanks for your answer/info.  

I have already read that thread.  I should have made it more clearly known that I have been subscribed to FiOS tripleplay services since SEP 2009. So, I believe that I should still be eligible for the Verizon Media Manager features.

I have made some progress here on my own.  The Verizon Media Manager is running; there is an VMM icon shown in my WindowsXP tray. I played around a bit here and opened some ports.  

However, I still must be reminded about how to select image files for display on my HDTV by use of the VMM. Any hints to help me get started, again?  I will try the Help file also. 

Thanks again.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.