Verizon Cable box error code 05
meganb1

so i went to bed last night and my remote fell onto the floor and when it did this error message came up. I went to bed becasue i figured it would be gone in the morning but when i woke up it wasn;t. I didn;t think my remote could do that so I checked the other boxes in the house and they all say the same thing. My box reads:

Er: 05

-: 60 (then it counts down to 59 58 57 etc.) db: 09

Then after it gets down to 1 it says this

PULL

crc

dEc

FPGA

After it reads that really fast it will go dark for a few seconds and go back  to that error code and repeat.

The boxes are Verizon Motorp;a QIP 2500-3

I tried to unplug the one usb thing in the back and put it back in but that didn't work and then I unplugged the cable box's plug from the wall and put it back in but that didn't work either.

This isn't the first time we had problems with Verizon. We had internet problems after a storm and had to get new cables and then our boxes had to be replaced after some other problem. But do I need to call customer service or can I fix the problem myself. There was no power outage in my area so I don't know why it was doing this.

I live in the Pittsburgh PA.  area and have heard that this problem has been going on her and in Tampa Florida.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cable box error code 05
bren92
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two standard def boxes that started doing the same thing today. My HD DVR is working just fine, if anyone knows what's going on, or how to fix it, it would be much appreciated.

I am in Tampa FL.

0 Likes
Lithiahome

Having same problem with three set boxes, my DVR is working fine.  Chatted with rep and was advised this was due to an upgrade which took place last night.  Supposed to be resolved by noon but it is now 12:20. 

Lithia, FL

0 Likes
miscojohn

I am having the same problem, but only on one of our two boxes.  The other one is working fine.  Live in Tampa area.

0 Likes
Fios22

Tv is doing the same thing. It's been like this for around 10 hours now. Does anyone know an exact reason as in why this is happening?

0 Likes
Kimberley0212
Enthusiast - Level 1

All three of my bedroom set tops boxes have been doing this as well. My HD DVR is not. I waited on hold for 25 minutes this morning and they said it should be fixed by noon. It is now 1:19pm EST. I am in the Tampa area. They said it was due to an update that went "wrong" to the set top boxes interactive multimedia guide.

I just called Verizon and immediately the message said that they are aware of the outage, and the ETA is now 3pm.

Hope this helps, 

Kim

0 Likes
Kimberley0212
Enthusiast - Level 1

By the way, the Verizon rep said the only areas affected were Tampa, and an area in Pennsylvania.

0 Likes
Kaypri1

I'm in Pittsburgh and I'm getting this, too. But it should be fixed by 3p.m.?

0 Likes
DaemonKrog

My box also started doing this today. I also live in Pittsburgh, PA. I kinda doubt this is a coincidence. I'm calling tech support now. I'll post what I find after I'm off the phone with them.

0 Likes
DaemonKrog

Guess I should have read all the posts... my bad.

0 Likes