Re: Verizon Cable box error code 05
bren92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both of my boxes are back up here in Tampa.

Kimberley0212
Enthusiast - Level 1

My boxes are also back up, and updated - but my program guide is not showing anything nor is my set top boxes able to see any recordings available on the multi room DVR. 

Just called Verizon, they sttd ETA is 4pm and they are aware of the problem.

0 Likes
millerman1

Well after all STB is back up.  But now both my DVRs are screwed up!!  Both went down then on.  One shows a setup screen.  Have no idea what this is and can't get rid of it.  The other came up with a white screen and asked for a parental code.  Put it in and got TV but no Info, Guide or DVR.  it's now 3:42PM in Pittsburgh!!!

0 Likes
Kimberley0212
Enthusiast - Level 1

4:07pm EST, program guide problem still not resolved.

Called Verizon and message states that ETA is now 6pm. *sigh*

I am on hold for a representative, this could take a while. 

0 Likes
Mspedden
I'm still having the same issue on non dvr boxes. Does anyone know when it will be fixed? It's now 9:36 p.m est
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cable box error code 05 (Er:07)
BennyD1

I have the QIP2500-3 box and after Hurricane Sandy the box went down with the following error code displayed.

db:05

Er:07

and then it would begin the countdown.

1) I tried to re-boot the device and it seemed to freeze on me (i.e., all the LED lights stayed lit up (power, messages, remote and the digital display showed 88:88)).  

2) I rebooted the router to get back to the same error code display as earlier

3) I called the 800.837.4966 number and got to the automated system.

4) The system first reset all the set top boxes (STB) and that didn't work

5) The system next initialized all the STBs, and after a short while, maybe 2-3 minutes, the problematic STB finally came up (while I was still on hold and waiting to talk to someone...the automated message said my wait was going to be greater than 10 minutes).

I thought the STB was fried, but nice that it just needed an initialization.   One last note, initialization resets the settings to default and you'll have to set up parental controls, preferences, etc.

Cheers

0 Likes