Verizon Coax/Splitter Connection
Fuzzy63

Question- Want to run coax cable to TV on outside deck.  

How to connect coax cables to  a splitter. What goes into the In port and what goes to the out ports
     TV 
     IPC4100. (Set top box)
     TV outside. 
 What kind splitter  -same as downstairs splitter? (5-1675MHz)

Setup
ONT.  
  1.   Coax cable to Verizon 5-1675MHz.     
             MOCA 2.0 splitter 
  2.Ethernet cable 

Verizon G3100 router. (Bedroom)
      Coax cable and Ethernet cable       attached to back. 

IPC4100 Set Top Box (Bedroom)
    Back HDMI port to TV Set

Thank you!
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Coax/Splitter Connection
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can basically insert the splitter, same as you already have,  anywhere it's convenient. The in would be the existing feed, one out would be used to continue that feed, the other would go to your outside TV.

Fuzzy63

Thanks for the response.

so if you look at my setup

I now have the have the coax cable from The basement (ONT -splitter) going into the  in port of splitter upstairs and coax cable from OnT to out port on splitter( I have signal on TV in bedroom)

Have another coax cable out port to the TV on the deck. NO signal (fuzzy) at the moment I have no other coax cables in the Upsatirs splitter either the set top box (IPC 4100) or the TV in bedroom. Do I need to connect anyone one of them to get a signal to  out side TV? Thanks!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fuzzy63 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

so if you look at my setup

I now have the have the coax cable from The basement (ONT -splitter) going into the  in port of splitter upstairs and coax cable from OnT to out port on splitter( I have signal on TV in bedroom)

Have another coax cable out port to the TV on the deck. NO signal (fuzzy) at the moment I have no other coax cables in the Upsatirs splitter either the set top box (IPC 4100) or the TV in bedroom. Do I need to connect anyone one of them to get a signal to  out side TV? Thanks!

Ok, coax should go from ONT to IN port of splitter. One OUT of that splitter has to go to your router, the other OUT  if it's a 2 way splitter has to go to your VMS 4100. Also a CAT5 ethernet cable goes from ONT to router. That's a basic setup. You can add another splitter anywhere along the coax run by having the existing coax go to the IN of the new splitter, one OUT of the new splitter continues that run, the other OUT goes to your outside TV. So you need a total of two 2-way splitters to do what you are talking about.  First you set the coax only TV to antenna input, then you then have to go into the TV menu and do a channel scan or you wont see anything except snow. That TV also has to have a digital QUAM tuner in it or it wont see a signal.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Untitled-1.jpg

Fuzzy63

Clem53.  Thanks for the info.

no luck. Followed your instructions and referenced the diagram.              Outside TV (coax only) not working. Input is on TV went into menu and tried both antenna and cable and then scan stations -no stations being found.  Tried on two different outside TVs both that are both digital quam. Do you think it could be the splitter I’m using? 
5-1675MHz in basement and 5-1002MHz upstairs ( router/ set top/ outside tv.

PS: this setup worked flawless for me prior to getting  to new Verizon router(G3100) and set top box (IPC 4100)  Thanks

0 Likes
Fuzzy63

Solution is not solved. Not sure why it is marked solved while still trouble shooting.  This worked prior to Verizon swamping out my router!! 
thanks

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fuzzy63 wrote:

Solution is not solved. Not sure why it is marked solved while still trouble shooting.  This worked prior to Verizon swamping out my router!! 
thanks

It might be the limited bandwidth of the second splitter. I dont remember offhand the correct specs, perhaps someone can jump in with them. The only other issue is many of the channels are sent in mpeg4, and if your TVs aren't capable of decoding it, you'll get no picture. I assume you have also checked all the coax connections. Can you try swapping the splitters and see what happens? Also the IPC4100 has no bearing on what you are trying to do as it's either ethernet or wirelessly connected to the system. Have you done a powercycle on the router just in case? Just in case, the second splitter should look like this, and be moca 2.0 compatible.