This isn't the first time i've heard of this happening. Unfortunately the remote isn't compatable with every variety and model of television a manufacturer makes.
You can try scanning through every code to see if you get a hit...Here's how:
1. Turn on your TV.2. Press and hold the TV key. 3. While holding down the TV key, press OK.
4. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.5. Press 9 - 2 - 2.
6. Point the remote at the TV.
7. Press . the play button (the play / pause button is a rocker button)8. Next press the right arrow > next to the play button. Every time you press the > the remote sends out a new power-off command to the TV. Keep pressing until the TV turns off. (You can press the left arrow < to go back.)
9. When the TV turns off, you have found the right code. Press OK to store this code.
The updated code list is at the following URL: http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/QuestionsOne/122830.htm
0027 works for my 26 inch Westinghouse, Here's the line of codes from the above website.
Westinghouse 0027, 0478, 0912, 0916