Verizon Engineering Issues
Ptgunn70

On December 2nd, we placed an order for FIOS to be installed in our new home which we were scheduled to move in on December 15th. On the day of the 15th as the window of time given us began to get smaller and smaller and no one had showed, we decided  to call. We were then told that no one was coming and it was determined on December 2nd ( the day we initially placed the        order)that service was not able to be installed at our location. No one from Verizon reaches back out to us to tell us anything, our service where we were currently at was even cut off at midnight which didn’t make since knowing that Verizon couldn’t provide service at our new location. So because of that, we had service

no where and my Wife who teleworks from home and without a functioning internet, she can’t work. We were told there were no fiber ports available to provide us service which I find hard to believe because all of this should’ve been mapped out in the planning stages between Verizon and the

builders. If the builder is providing a certain  yamount of homes, Verizon should determine what size switch has enough ports to accommodate the number of homes and provide services. You don’t just                         go and install a smaller switch with a limited amount of ports, it doesn’t make sense. We were told that this could take up to 30 days to resolve this issue and Verizon offered to  wave some fees. Some fees waived does not make up for my Wife’s loss of income. An engineer called to explain the issue which added to our frustration because someone could’ve informed us on December 2nd and we could’ve delayed our move, kept the internet on at the place we were at and allowed my Wide to continue to work. We received an email shortly before Christmas saying that service would be installed on December 29th and I took them at their word. December 29th came and I called twice that morning and was ensured each time that a tech was enroute to get us up and running with our new FIOS service, I called back that afternoon and was told the same thing. As the window given to us begging to close again, we called Verizon and were once again informed that no one was coming out because there was still an issue that engineering needed to resolve. Our frustrations are high, My Wife can’t work, our kids can’t watch TV or played their tablets because there’s no WiFi because there’s no internet. This has not made for a great first Christmas in our new home as we had looked forward to enjoying our time off from work to relax in our new home with our children and binge watch some shows as we enjoye the holiday and celebrate the New Year. Only In our dreams!!!!! My Wife called and as usual, we get bounced all over because no one can give you a straight answer. My Wife asks to escalate the situation and asks who she ca contact higher up the ladder because this not the way valued Verizon customers of over 20 plus years should expect to be treated and she was sarcastically told, Ma’am, you can look that information up on line. If we had service, we sure could but that’s the reason we are going back and. Forth with Verizon no, NO INTERNET!!!!! During this whole ordeal, we have dealt with some very rude, disrespectful and nasty people when we have called in. We have had a few that seemed very genuine and sympathetic to our plight but they have been few and far between. The others have seemed content to tell you that they’ve done all they can and to trust the process, just so they could get you off of the phone and and move onto the next call so they ca meet their call quota. Which now brings us too today, January 4th 2018. A tech was scheduled to be here between 10am and 12 pm today and after calling day for the past week leading up today. I was told that everything was running smoothly and if there were an issue, I would be notified by someone from Verizon. This morning when I woke, I felt it strange that my FIOS app said nothing about our scheduled appointment for today, RED FLAG!!! I log into Verizon through my browser on my phone and it tells me that my appointment is scheduled for Wednesday December 31st 2059, RED FLAG!!!!!. I called in and get an automated message after entering all of my information that there was a problem and the date needs to be rescheduled. I get myself directed to a live representative and she once again explains to me that the problem is with engineering. They are having a problem with provisioning. The new date is now next Wednesday January 10th and j will receive a call on the 9th to make sure everything is good for the 10th but why, I called everyday leading up until today and was told that everything was looking good and we should have service today. Verizon has a monopoly on this area of Virginia, there is no other service provider in this area but Verizon and no matter what, good, bad or indifferent, you are at their mercy. ( That’s another thing, a rep on the phone told my Wife, we’ll you can always go to another provider, now is that the type of customer service that Verizon offers to its loyal customers these days). I know we’re kust one customer in the large pool of Verizon customers but Verizon started with just one customer and sometimes one customer can make make all the difference in the world. During this whole ordeal, we feel we’ve been lied too, pushed aside, dismissed and truly disrespected. We’ve have lost income, my Wife can’t work, I have taken time off because a tech that was supposed to be coming never showed, our kids went through their winter break 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Engineering Issues
Ptgunn70

Our kids went through their winter break from school unable to enjoy the comforts of their own home. As customers of over 20 plus years, we feel Verizon has let us down completely and they just don’t care about the customers as much as their commercials lead you to believe. All we want is a working FIOS connection in our home and to be treated fairly as loyal Verizon customers. Someone in the upper levels of Verizon should take note of our situation and hopeful bring about some changes so that no family should ever have to deal with the way we have been treated. This whole situation has been handled in a completely unacceptable and at times very unprofessional manor. Verizon, yoy have to get better and you can’t treat your customers this way, even if it’s only one. One customer can make a difference!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Engineering Issues
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ptgunn70,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.Private Support Case

0 Likes