Verizon FIOS = FAIL

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Verizon FIOS = FAIL

Message 1 of 2
(2,332 Views)

Wow...what a buzzkill.  RCN customer for about 10 years and finally pulled the trigger with FIOS after I heard such great things.  Thinking about going back to RCN or trying Comcast after this mess.

So, FIOS installed two days ago.

Positive:

Internet = outstanding (even though I do not get the advertised speeds all the time)

FIOS HD = outstanding

However...

VOD = FAIL! (doesn't work at all  VOD_5 error; VOD_4 error)

Menu = FAIL! (hangs/freezes constantly)

Widgets = FAIL!

Media Manager = FAIL!

Remote DVR access = FAIL!

Tried everything I found here in the forums and elsewhere. 

Rebooting router and/or STB.  Check.

Restore factory settings to router.  Check.

Unplug everything, plug everything back in (make certain you do it in the correct order).  Check.

Make certain PC isn't in sleep mode or any firewall issues.  Check.

What gives?  Why didn't the tech's check all of this before they left my house after installation?  Now, I have to call the help desk and spend 1-2 hours on the phone and re-do everything I already tried.

After he/she realizes I have already tried everything they will send a tech out (hopefully on Monday).  Which means I will need to stay home from work...again...and wait for a tech to show up in a four hour window...again.

Unbelievable.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Verizon FIOS = FAIL

Message 2 of 2
(2,308 Views)

If it's problems with VOD, Widgets, Remote DVR, MM, then it's definitely a problem with the router, as you correctly identified. But just because you're having those problems doesn't mean FiOS is a "fail;" I personally never experienced any of the problems you have and I'm just a ways down 128. Something just wasn't set up right.

Try logging into your router and check to make sure your STBs are showing up under "Network." If they are, try doing a MoCA diagnostics test from the menu there. You can also try downloading VZ In Home Agent and trying the auto-fix STB feature from that.

Also try going into the STB's Menu -> Help -> Self-Diagnostics and make sure the three IPs come up as green/OK.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.