Verizon FiOS CABLE CARD $79 INSTALLATION CHARGE
dumplings42

Hi guys,

The last time I saw a threat re: the installation for a cable card was back in May, so I just wanted to see if anyone's been charged recently.

I just purchased a TiVO premiere and need to get an M-Card. the Verizon rep told me it would be $3.99/month for the lease plus $79 for a tech to come out and install it because they need to test the compatibility?

I told her she can just send me the different cable cards they have and I can test it myself, but she basically said the computer system will not let her place an order WITHOUT sending a tech out which by default will cost $79.

I am not going to pay this fee, any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS CABLE CARD $79 INSTALLATION CHARGE
prisaz
Legend

@dumplings42 wrote:

Hi guys,

The last time I saw a threat re: the installation for a cable card was back in May, so I just wanted to see if anyone's been charged recently.

I just purchased a TiVO premiere and need to get an M-Card. the Verizon rep told me it would be $3.99/month for the lease plus $79 for a tech to come out and install it because they need to test the compatibility?

I told her she can just send me the different cable cards they have and I can test it myself, but she basically said the computer system will not let her place an order WITHOUT sending a tech out which by default will cost $79.

I am not going to pay this fee, any advice?

There is no charge. They may say there is a charge, but unless you have the tech do additional work, there is no charge.

My card was installed this time last year.

Latest posting I could find using the search feature.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Cablecard-install-requires-a-79-truck-roll...

0 Likes