Re: Verizon FiOS DVR Storage Expansion
HelloExactly
Enthusiast - Level 1

When i say "my STB's" i mean from the MyVerizon page.  This link might work..

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/MySetTopBoxes.aspx

0 Likes
rmm721

Ok, been this long so I don't mind waiting a bit long. My question is........................ Is there a list of compatible eSATA expanders available yet? I would like to have it on hand when 1.9 rolls out

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

No official list from Verizon as of yet.  Don't know when they will actually release one.

Many of us in the test group have been using the Western Digital My Book AV DVR Expander 1 TB (WDBABT0010HBK).

!! THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL AND PURCHASE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!

0 Likes
rmm721

Thanks for the quick response, that is the one ckecking reviews on, but will wait until more info rolls out from Verizon

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon got my DVR remote following the upgrade to the new 500GB DVR on Monday 7 Mar, late afternoon.  Took them some time and about 3 hours of mine, but up and running and love the new DVR.

I received the 2nd replacement for my second DVR today, installed it and within 15 minutes I had two 500GB DVRs up and running.  Thanks Verizon.....just to bad that it cost me $80 for additional storage space!!

0 Likes
nightmeower
I just came back to FiOS from a cable company. The price difference between each finally became negligible. I used the same drive that you were using with my cable company DVR but it will not pick up through the UI. Any ideas? AdvThanksance!!!
0 Likes