Switch Account

Verizon FiOS Quantum VOD SD or HD Selection

Verizon FiOS Quantum VOD SD or HD Selection

Contributor BillyMNJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(11,882 Views)

Just updated to FiOS Qunatum and I can't select High Definition (HD) when I'm on the Video-On-Demand screens.  The arrow keys on the remote will not allow you to choose the option of Standard Definition (SD) or HD.  The screen shows on SD highlighted in orange but there is no way to change your selection.

Is there a fix to this problem ?

Thanks,

BillyMNJ

7 REPLIES 7
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 8
(11,858 Views)

Not seeing that.  ANy particular section of the VOD offerings?

Highlighted
Contributor ERothrock
Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(11,729 Views)

I have the same problem with my new Quantum Fios media server only showing Video on Demand in SD, no HD, and have not been able to figure it out. Did you ever find a fix? I'm in NJ as well.

Thank You,

Eric

Copper Contributor KAM2523
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(11,705 Views)

There should be a section thats says HD. For example if you watch Fox on Demand there would be a FOX HD section it should be the first selection on every networks.

Contributor ERothrock
Contributor
Message 5 of 8
(11,703 Views)

Argh. They changed it just enough for me to not notice that. Thank you.

Copper Contributor pzulw
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(11,608 Views)

There is no way I can find to select HD playback.   "SD free" is yellow.  "HD free" is white.   All other programming is in HD with the correct aspect ratio.    If I play this it is SD that is stretched wide.   I've been on hold with Quantum $$$$$ support for than thirty minutes.   It's expensive to have my time wasted like this.   WIN_20140727_212608.JPG

Copper Contributor pzulw
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 8
(11,607 Views)

I went back a selected the movie is selected from Premium->HBO->HD Movies instead of just "Movies" (still SD is yellow whatever that means!!    I'm sure some UI designer thinks it's obvious.  Nope!)     

This time the playback is HD.   POOR UX.   Invest in UX.   Hire.  Tripple or quadruple your UX staff.  Find an accomplished leader.   Please!!!!!!!    UX in your STB is your #1 customer satisfaction issue after cost.   Addressing it will dramatically reduce support calls.   Currently your STB UX is a disaster and your customers are confused.

Copper Contributor pzulw
Copper Contributor
Message 8 of 8
(11,603 Views)

(Also stretching SD wide,  changing the aspect ratio, making the actors fat, is NEVER okay.)

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.