Verizon FiOS Quantum VOD SD or HD Selection
BillyMNJ

Just updated to FiOS Qunatum and I can't select High Definition (HD) when I'm on the Video-On-Demand screens.  The arrow keys on the remote will not allow you to choose the option of Standard Definition (SD) or HD.  The screen shows on SD highlighted in orange but there is no way to change your selection.

Is there a fix to this problem ?

Thanks,

BillyMNJ

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Quantum VOD SD or HD Selection
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not seeing that.  ANy particular section of the VOD offerings?

0 Likes
ERothrock

I have the same problem with my new Quantum Fios media server only showing Video on Demand in SD, no HD, and have not been able to figure it out. Did you ever find a fix? I'm in NJ as well.

Thank You,

Eric

0 Likes
KAM2523
Enthusiast - Level 2

There should be a section thats says HD. For example if you watch Fox on Demand there would be a FOX HD section it should be the first selection on every networks.

0 Likes
ERothrock

Argh. They changed it just enough for me to not notice that. Thank you.

0 Likes
pzulw
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no way I can find to select HD playback.   "SD free" is yellow.  "HD free" is white.   All other programming is in HD with the correct aspect ratio.    If I play this it is SD that is stretched wide.   I've been on hold with Quantum $$$$$ support for than thirty minutes.   It's expensive to have my time wasted like this.   image

0 Likes
pzulw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went back a selected the movie is selected from Premium->HBO->HD Movies instead of just "Movies" (still SD is yellow whatever that means!!    I'm sure some UI designer thinks it's obvious.  Nope!)     

This time the playback is HD.   POOR UX.   Invest in UX.   Hire.  Tripple or quadruple your UX staff.  Find an accomplished leader.   Please!!!!!!!    UX in your STB is your #1 customer satisfaction issue after cost.   Addressing it will dramatically reduce support calls.   Currently your STB UX is a disaster and your customers are confused.

0 Likes
pzulw
Enthusiast - Level 3

(Also stretching SD wide,  changing the aspect ratio, making the actors fat, is NEVER okay.)

0 Likes