Verizon Fios ActionTec Router Username and Password Reset
Kgriffith1

Hello,

I have recently tried accessing my Verizon Fios router through the http://192.168.1.1 but I have come out with bad luck. I have done this with ease prior to now, but I have forgotten the username and password that I set up for my router. I wasn't too worried when I realized I could reset the router and type in the username/password: admin/password or admin/password1. But, after resetting my router, it doesn't prompt me to make a new username or password and neither admin/password nor admin/password 1 work!

I have been searching online and everyone who has reset their router has been able to log into it using these two sets of usernames and passwords. I am not sure what to do, as my Verizon In-Home-Agent will not run due to some error. Please help me out, I need to get into this router.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios ActionTec Router Username and Password Reset
Kgriffith1

I would also like to mention that I attempted to put in the following

admin

*router serial number*

My router serial number didn't work either. I will contact customer support if this post doesn't get me anywhere.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Try the serial number of the router for the password, it can be found on the label attached to the router. (oh, and you typed "password 1", usually the tech would have set it to "password1", no space)

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you tried factory resetting and it didn't prompt you for a new password, then you should try it and hold in the reset longer.  I usually do a 1 one thousand count, upto 15 but if neccesary do it upto 30 seconds.

0 Likes