Verizon Fios TV Tech Support is useless!
jbaugh761
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now having spent over 4 hours on the phone and in online chat with Verizon support, no one has a clue how to fix my problem. My first session lasted over 1/12 hours ending with the tech saying he was going to escalate the problem to network techs. He said they told him it was a network problem.

Six weeks later, Pandora widget still has no audio. Call back and get a tech on the phone, she disconnects me and does not call back on the cell phone number I gave her in case we were disconnected. Been 24 hours and no contact from her.
Go to online chat, go through the whole big explanation (reboots-remove and reinstall- extensive diagnostics tests- shipped out two new set top boxes- neither solved the problem- escalated to network techs).

I was told by the tech in the online chat that it was a network problem and he could do nothing (told me this three times after I told him my neighbor's Pandora widget worked fine) He still insisted it was a network problem. I finally asked for a supervisor who told me the same thing. I insisted she contact network techs and she did. Guess What? There was NO network problem.

She then said she would have to go thru all the steps we had done six weeks ago because  it was not a network problem. I told her several times we had done this all before without results. She insisted. Guess what?

My Pandora widget still has no audio. I am tired of wasting my time with these folks, Obviously they are not qualified to take care of the problem, nor do they wish to help by finding some one who is.

I think I'm through with Verizon Fios.

Re: Verizon Fios TV Tech Support is useless!
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds painful, but keep in mind that those widgets aren't perfect and it could be a problem that simply can't be fixed, also. How is your audio connected from your set top box to your TV or sound system? Does this differ at all from the way your friend's is hooked up?

Also, what is the model of your TV, set top box, and any sound system that's hooked up?

0 Likes
jbaugh761
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is hooked up with HDMI. (just like my neighbor's). The tv is a new LG LCD. All the other widgets that have audio work fine (Youtube etc). If it is an "unfixable" problem then just tell me and give me a discount on my bill! My big beef is the quality of tech support.

0 Likes
matt1122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, most tech support call center employees are not tech enthusiasts who truly understand how things work. I'm sure if Verizon could actually round up enough people with the level of knowledge needed to solve new problems not already documented without leaving you waiting on hold even longer, they would.

Anyway, I doubt the STB/Verizon is at fault here if the widget is actually working other than the lack of audio. When I get home from work, I will play with the Pandora widget and see what kind of audio signal it is sending to my stereo receiver. It could be that the signal it uses isn't supported by your TV,or that a setting on your TV needs to be changed to support that setting. Knowing the *exact* model of your LG TV would help.

One thing you could try is changing your audio format setting. If you press Menu, go to Settings, go to Audio and check that the option for Mono/Stereo/Surround is set correctly (probably to Stereo, since you are only using your TV's speakers), it could have an effect. Also make sure that any "fake" surround sound features on the TV are disabled.

0 Likes
jbaugh761
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll ask Verizon to send you a check if it helps!

0 Likes
jbaugh761
Enthusiast - Level 2

matt1122, just FYI. Tried your suggestions. Still no audio with Pandora.

0 Likes
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I don't even have access to a Pandora widget at this time to test. There simply isn't an option to use one on my STB.

0 Likes