Verizon Fios not working in one bedroom
Christina520

Just got Verizon Fios installed about three weeks ago in our new house. Verizon Fios is working great in every room except for one bedroom. It's an HD TV, but with a normal Motorola receiver. When the TV goes on, it plays one channel (3) like standard cable. When you press guide on the remote, instead of going to the channel guide, it goes to a menu with three options: Television, Settings and Help. Everything is plugged in the same way as the other bedroom TV's, but for some reason I can't understand why it won't connect to Fios. I've unplugged the power cord numerous times, hoping it would reset it, but it continues to go back to one channel. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I don't want to be paying for service that I'm not even using.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios not working in one bedroom
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That sounds as if its the menu for the Tv pulling up, not the box. Walk up to the fron of the box itself and press the menu button on it. If your remote has 4 buttons arocss the top, press the STB button to ensure the remote is in Set Top Box mode.

0 Likes
Christina520

The only problem with that is, the boxes we received were basic Motorola boxes that has no buttons, only an orange light for "On", and a light that goes on for messages? The TV remote we were given has only a TV button the left and an STB button on the right, STB button did nothing, and below that are the Menu, Guide and Info buttons. I'm really confused as to why I can't get Verizon Fios to work.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Oh you have the basic, mini box. Those DCT boxes have no guide. They simply show the channels and thats it. TV will always stay on channel 3, and you change the channel with the Verizon remote to see the different channels.

0 Likes
joeyhol75
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have a DCT700 model STB. It has none of the options that your other boxes have. That's why you pay a reduced 3.99 for it (or its being comped). However you would need to exchange it for a Motorola 2500 model.

0 Likes