Verizon G3100 Router and goCoax Devices
OldSchool19481

I purchased two goCoax MOCA devices in December 2020. I connected one between my Verizon G3100 router and Verizon FIOS DVR, and the other to a spare bedroom's coax cable to a Roku device. Everything worked fine until about a week ago when suddenly all of the Verizon STBs boxes stopped receiving a TV picture.

Verizon did remote troubleshooting and determined my G3100 was not receiving a LAN connection. I removed the goCoax from the signal path and all Verizon STBs started working again. It appears the goCoax device was somehow interfering with the FIOS signal.

Any advice to help me resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon G3100 Router and goCoax Devices
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

STBs stopped receiving TV picture could be the Linear TV signal from the ONT has interference. The TV signal are sent from the ONT at below 1000MHz frequencies through the coax. Coax LAN in the G3100 and goCoax MoCA operate between 1125-1650MHz. Theoretically, no interference should occur between the goCoax and Linear TV signal.

I personally do not understand what is "G3100 was not receiving a LAN connection." Does the service representative mean the LAN Coax on the G3100 is malfunctioning or your home network is completely disconnected from the G3100? I guess it could be the former. Can you connect all STBs, goCoax adapters, and G3100 back to the shared coax network/line and login to either the G3100 or goCoax to check the MoCA connection status? For G3100, you should find something like LAN Coax Stats, probably in the Network section > Network Connections (click Advanced to expand the tabs) > Coax > Settings > Go to LAN Coax Stats. On this page. you should see all the MoCA devices. Since you have G3100, two goCoax, and two STBs, there should be a total of 4 MoCA devices. If there are fewer than 4 devices, goCoax is likely having MoCA compatibility issues with Verizon MoCA devices, which we do have other options to try at that moment.

It is best for you to take a screenshot of that page and redact the latter 6 digits of MAC addresses. The first 6 digits of a MAC address can be used to identify which MoCA device it is.  Once we see the screenshot of the LAN Coax Stats, we should have a better idea of what is happening.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon G3100 Router and goCoax Devices
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

STBs stopped receiving TV picture could be the Linear TV signal from the ONT has interference. The TV signal are sent from the ONT at below 1000MHz frequencies through the coax. Coax LAN in the G3100 and goCoax MoCA operate between 1125-1650MHz. Theoretically, no interference should occur between the goCoax and Linear TV signal.

I personally do not understand what is "G3100 was not receiving a LAN connection." Does the service representative mean the LAN Coax on the G3100 is malfunctioning or your home network is completely disconnected from the G3100? I guess it could be the former. Can you connect all STBs, goCoax adapters, and G3100 back to the shared coax network/line and login to either the G3100 or goCoax to check the MoCA connection status? For G3100, you should find something like LAN Coax Stats, probably in the Network section > Network Connections (click Advanced to expand the tabs) > Coax > Settings > Go to LAN Coax Stats. On this page. you should see all the MoCA devices. Since you have G3100, two goCoax, and two STBs, there should be a total of 4 MoCA devices. If there are fewer than 4 devices, goCoax is likely having MoCA compatibility issues with Verizon MoCA devices, which we do have other options to try at that moment.

It is best for you to take a screenshot of that page and redact the latter 6 digits of MAC addresses. The first 6 digits of a MAC address can be used to identify which MoCA device it is.  Once we see the screenshot of the LAN Coax Stats, we should have a better idea of what is happening.