Verizon Highjacked my 500GB DVR -- down to 22 HD hrs from about 60. Anyone else experiencing this?
JTMack11

I've been on FiOS Triple for over 2 year.  My multi-room DVR is QIP7232.  Verizon just did an update which I was completely unaware would be occurring.  A tech had to come b/c I wasn't able to view recorded shows on a different set top box.  Problem resolved.  However, the next day I just happened to notice that my multi-room DVR was stating my storage was 97% full.   What?!?  Just a week ago it was around 60-70% full and nothing new had been recorded.

I have a QIP7232 / A386 / 014 / 500 model.  I'm quite certain it has 500GB of storage.  Everything I've read online says that should equate to about 60 HD hours.  I currently only have 21 HD hours recorded (no SD).

This is ridiculous!  They are constantly bombarding me with advertising to "expand" my DVR storage for additional fee.  They've just highjacked my 500GB DVR, essentially turning it into a 125GB DVR so that I'll pay more for more storage.

Anyone else experiencing this???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Highjacked my 500GB DVR -- down to 22 HD hrs from about 60. Anyone else experiencing th
PJL
Master - Level 3

You might try rebooting the STB.  This can fix a problem with incorrect disk information, which may be your issue.

0 Likes