Verizon Media Manager - Very Basic User Interface
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just switched to Verizon TV. Verizon Media Manager is included and does what it is supposed to do but in a very basic form. I have the Netgear EVA8000 Digital Entertainer and I used that to stream my files from my computers to my TV. I figured I would try the Media Manager, very unimpressed.

The User Interface does not meet my expectations in any way. For example, my media files are stored on my computer within a specific folder structure (i.e. E:\Main Storage Folder\Television Shows\(a specific show)\Season 1\Season 1 Episode 1.avi). After syncronize the Media Manager with the Set Top Box, I can see the available shows but the only folder that I can choose from when scanning through the files is the folder where the files are saved (in this example the folder would be Season 1).

Has anyone else used the Media Manager? Is there anything I can do to improve the functionality of this utility? Have I explained the usage of the Media Manager clearly?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Media Manager - Very Basic User Interface
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
RMN3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried Media Manager and its crap. It doesn't play many common types of videos and navigating to the right video is clunky and slow. But my biggest problem with it is that video quality of the files that do play is terrible. I use my PS3 instead.

0 Likes
BenSlade

@mhiggins8450 wrote:

The User Interface does not meet my expectations in any way. For example, my media files are stored on my computer within a specific folder structure (i.e. E:\Main Storage Folder\Television Shows\(a specific show)\Season 1\Season 1 Episode 1.avi). After syncronize the Media Manager with the Set Top Box, I can see the available shows but the only folder that I can choose from when scanning through the files is the folder where the files are saved (in this example the folder would be Season 1).

Has anyone else used the Media Manager? Is there anything I can do to improve the functionality of this utility? Have I explained the usage of the Media Manager clearly?

I just installed Media Manager and tried to import 6 years of pictures stored in a hierarchical folder structure of  year/month/event.  Similar to the problem mhiggins8450 reported a year ago, the import ignored my folder hierarchy and just has an unusable mismash of my bottom level "event" folders listed.    Totally useless.

Is there anyway to import the folder structure along with the images?    Seeing how I'm asking this question a year after mhiggins8450 asked it, I'm guessing the answer is still "no".

Maybe I have to precreate the media manager folder then import photos only the one corresponding source directory?   That seems painful, but I could do it for new directories as I create them.

I'm going to see if I can get my HD DVR box to access my PC as a simple shared filesystem to display pictures.

Ben

Kensington MD

0 Likes