Verizon Motorola 6146 Box - Remote Extender. Please help!
fanisp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey all!!

I have a Verizon Motorola 6146 Box (is this an old one? cause Verizon gave it to me last May) and I am trying to get an extender for the remote since the box is placed back from the TV and it's hard to reach. Any ideas which one is compatible?

Verizon has one on its website but it says that it is copatible for 7000 ones. 

Thank you 🙂 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Motorola 6146 Box - Remote Extender. Please help!
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@fanisp wrote:

Hey all!!

I have a Verizon Motorola 6146 Box (is this an old one? cause Verizon gave it to me last May) and I am trying to get an extender for the remote since the box is placed back from the TV and it's hard to reach. Any ideas which one is compatible?

Verizon has one on its website but it says that it is copatible for 7000 ones. 

Thank you 🙂 

Hello,

Unfortunately, Verizon's infrared (IR) remote control extenders are compatible only with the Motorola 7000 series models and Cisco STBs, but not the Motorola 6000 series.

If your DVR is the 6416 model and you need to place the set top box behind a cabinet, you can request a swap to a different DVR model that supports IR extenders by contacting:

a) Verizon's Technical Support at 1-888-553-1555,

OR 

b) a local FiOS TV store (check that they have the other models in stock first). 

For a list of stores:  http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

By the way, the IR extenders are available for purchase:

a) online via www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

OR

b) at a local FiOS TV store (call first for stock availability).  

Hope this helps!

0 Likes